peteyboyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I have a really bad case of Bryopsis in my tank. Gonna try Tech M to raise the mag. Following the instructions on the bottle and it says 1ml for every gallon of water. As I figure, I have aprox 125g of actual water volume. By this formula, = 125ml/daily until I reach the desired level (I'm gonna raise the Mg to 1600). That's about 1/2 cup of Tech M daily. Does that sound right?

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Sounds right to me. When
I had my battle I actually used almost 2x the dosage for the first 3 days. You'll know your in the ballpark when it starts to turn from green to silvery/grey. Keep dosing until it is completely gone. I found maintaining mg above 13-1400 helped keep it under control.

h2o

Wanna be clown fish pimp
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Kent is straight garbage they crashed many peoples tanks with their carbon that had copper in it then they did a recall and back to biz like nothing happen .. I would stay away from Kent as far as u can

h2o

Wanna be clown fish pimp
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Every time I hear Kent my blood pressure goes tru the roof, sorry with all their screw ups they can't be trusted so they don't belong in this hobby one out of 100 things they make might work I don't know but their reputation speaks louder then words :(

peteyboyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Every time I hear Kent my blood pressure goes tru the roof, sorry with all their screw ups they can't be trusted so they don't belong in this hobby one out of 100 things they make might work I don't know but their reputation speaks louder then words :(

Everything I've read in this and other forums, as well as personal accounts, none have reported crashes from this product. Most reported positive effects with minimal negative side effects.
As far as I know, Kent had a problem with 1 specific product.
Now...back to our regularly scheduled program...

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
i used it brought mag up to 1800, thats what i read. i also read it might bleach sps, well i lost 3 colonies of sps and stopped using it. now its down to 1500 and i don't see bryopsis but i don't see my colonies that i grew out for a year. don't think i'd use it again.
one was a green birds nest that i also cut a frag of months ago and both died, strange.

peteyboyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
i used it brought mag up to 1800, thats what i read. i also read it might bleach sps, well i lost 3 colonies of sps and stopped using it. now its down to 1500 and i don't see bryopsis but i don't see my colonies that i grew out for a year. don't think i'd use it again.
one was a green birds nest that i also cut a frag of months ago and both died, strange.

That's what I read. That's why I'm only raising it to 1600. From what I've heard, @ 1600 it still will kill the Bryopsis, with less collateral damage.
Really wanna find out if its safe to vinegar dose while raising the Mg with Kent Tech M.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Doesn't the vinegar act as a liquified source of carbon?

Yes,vinegar (5% white) is source of dosing Carbon, just like Vodka, vodka is 8X stronger (40%) than Vinegar, there is a nice dosing chart for both (google) i assume u Nitrate is "0" how much u got the PO4 ? Perssonally i dont like to increase the Mg to 1600-1800, Ca 425, Alk 9, Mg 1350, that the # u need and no more than 0.00 to 0.02 PO4. I check Kent Marine
Tech M Magnesium Ingredients:
Deionized Water, Magnesium Chloride and Magnesium Sulfate.
that what i use any way,
i think is much healthy, to run 1350 Mg and work on Po4 , in my opinion.
How much Vinegar u use ?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: