whnewb

Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Had slightly high nitrate thought I would tighten up parameters by using RED SEA NO3 PO4 X. After 2 doses woke up this morning to a total fish kill. Tank has been stable for over 3 years. BE WARNED

greg 45

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Can you supply more information . How big a tank how much did you dose . There are plenty of people using this. Did you contact supplier with a product code / number so they can check there product . This might also help others . Sorry for your loss .

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Sorry to hear about your loss. I've been using the product for over a year without any issues. I'm on my 4th 1 liter bottle without any problems.

Can you share some parameters of your tank. Such as tank size, dosage amounts, NO3 & PO4 levels.

SantaMonica

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Late reply, but yes I too think too much too quick. I believe it's carbon dosing, and it does not take much to grow enough bacteria quickly (hours) to use up all the oxygen.

Usually good to do your first doses of these things when you are around all day to watch.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: