PH

jkidd155

Well-known Reefer
Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
it can dose for up to 24hours was thinking of using my apex to program it dont wanna break the bank eventually im gonna go with a doser or calcium reactor tank is not consuming enough that i need either or just trying to keep my ph up to 8.1 or better

Booker301

Darkside Reefer
Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
28   0   0

jkidd155

Well-known Reefer
Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
had it on my previous system but it was smaller and the tank was on the other side of the living room this set up is closer to the window so gonna give it a shot before i start trying everything in the book not trying to start throwing money away on equipment i dont need i can use it for other things towards the tank

jkidd155

Well-known Reefer
Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
if the tubing dosent work then i will dose kalk via a kalk reactor and program it with my apex to turn off once my desired ph is reached hopefull 8.0 or better as far the amount im guessing the least i can would that be the right way or is there any better way?

jkidd155

Well-known Reefer
Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Put the hose outside still low 7.7 will covering the top of the skimmer would help or should i ust go with kalk or a refugium ?

nvladik

Well-known Reefer
Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Yeah but still drops 7.81 is what I get during the day wn a get closer to 8 if not more

If your house was fully airated with fresh air - I would double check on the probe itself. Your Ph should have gone up by a full .1-.2.

nvladik

Well-known Reefer
Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
so you went up to 8.1 from 7.7? That seem like good news and you have the source of the problem - CO2 in the air. Just air out the place daily. Works much better than CO2 scrubbers.

jkidd155

Well-known Reefer
Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
no my alk is 8.1 ph is actually 7.9 now but thats because the lights are on at night it goes down to 7.4 wanna try and get it higher during the night

jkidd155

Well-known Reefer
Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
whats the lowest i can keep it at night without the corals being affected im still 50/50 on the kalkwasser im sure it will work but leaning towards a refuge dont think anything can go wrong with having one but the up front cost and algae barn is out of stock on cheato

nvladik

Well-known Reefer
Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I get worried when I am below 7.6. But - your readings have to be accurate, and even after speaking to a few chemists, 7.4 seems a bit low to trust.