Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Greetings from CT!
I wanted to reach out to my NYC reefing brothers and sisters to formally invite you all to come down to the 6th annual Frag Farmer's Market at my school in CT.
FFM2013Small.jpg

I know many of you have come for for previous ones and it continues to get bigger each year. I decided to add another room this year to make room for the increased demand for selling spaces (which means more corals!). I have pretty much all of the usual suspects and a few new names that will draw some interest. I will be updating my school project page (www.eosmithcoralproject.org) with the new info as it comes in. I do still have plenty of spaces left if anyone wants to come down and set-up a tank, but let me know because it is filling up quicker than in past years. I am really hoping to get more hobbyists to set-up, as that was really the intention of the FFM at its roots. As usual, admission is free, so come on down, check out the biggest frag swap in the northeast and leave with some great stuff. When you come down, make sure to stop in and introduce yourself to me so I can thank you for coming down.
If you have any questions about the event, just post it up, or email me and I'll do what I can to get you the info!
Thanks-
Jon

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Up to 20+ "vendors" already and growing! If you are interested in coming up for the day, let me know before I run out of space. It looks to be HUGE this year.

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It is really a market, not really a swap, but I know that many people do swap there. Many of the local shops and hobbyists use it as a chance to "sell" to each other as well as the people who come.

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just a quick update on the FFM for this year. I have 32 "vendors" signed up to sell at the market this year with quite a few more on the maybe list, so the number will grow! It looks to be even bigger than last year, which is crazy. Don't be fooled by the school setting, this is not a little coral show anymore... I'll post a list of vendors as we get closer so people can see who will be there!

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here is the long awaited FFM list! I am more or less full (I can make room for one or two more if I need to...). My appologies to everyone whose name I messed up somehow (or location is incorrect). I am putting together the raffle list this week sometime and will release that info as well. See you all there!
-Jon
Affordable Aquatics CT
Algagen FL
Anthony27 NYC
Aquadreams MA
Artreaction CT
Boston Aqua Farms MA
Chris M MA
Chriskid CT
CT Marinlife CT
E.O. Smith Coral Project CT
elmafioso52988 (Pablo) BRS
Emessier CT
Exotic Fish and Corals CT
Exotic Reef Creations MD
Fish Frenzy MA
Frank180 BRS
Gotham Aquatics NYC
Greg Hiller BRS
Hammer NH
HeadieCorals VA
Icycoral CT
Jason Foxx Parts Unknown
Jmar101786 NYC
knockOUT Aquatics LLC PA
Kwong1998 NYC
KyleinCT CT
Love the Reef BRS
Marco Rocks MA
NYCPassat NYC
Oceanus MA
OzoneParkGuy NYC
Pablo NYC
Puppy Center CT
R+R Aquatics NYC
Reef Creations NYC
OSRAS RI
Shector/Bubbabobobbrain CT
SubWOOer NY
Suicideissleep CT
Swannyson CT
Tinygiant (Chris) NH
Tropic Marin MA
Upstate Corals NY
Walsh Services LLC (Custom Acryic Tanks/Cabinets) MA

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This represents only the items that I have in my hands at this time or have confirmation that they are coming. There is a somewhat large list of items that are coming in the mail still or I have yet to confirm. I will post updates in the next few days as wel get closer!
Frist off thank you to CaribSea for providing a massive amount of water for this year's FFM. I will still be mixing water to make up the few gallons I will still need but they really have supported the FFM and my project from the start and I owe them big time! They may also have sent up a bit of Purple-up. Come early it disappears FAST!!!
Also thanks to SeaChem for offering to provide Reef Dip for people to take home and use for the frags that they pick up. I will have a number of "vials" of it available that day. Grab one and be safe!
Here is the in alphabetical order...
Apogee - PAR Meter
AquaC - Remora Skimmer
Avast Marine - Media Reactor
Bob's Exotic - Gift Certificates
Boston Aqua Farms - Fragging Supplies
Brightwell - Reef Supplement Packages
Buildmy LED - LED light bar
CaribSea -Live sand and Base Rock
Coral Props -Gift Certificates
Cutivated Reef - Gift Certificates
Ecoxotic - EcoPico Tank
Eshopps - Frag Cave and Jellyfish Herd
Glass-holes - Overflow kit + Shirt
LED Group Buy - 6" Heat sink and Gift Certificate to buy LED's for it
Love the Reef - Gift Certificates
Next Reef - MR 1 Reactor Kit
NuageDesigns - Framed Reef Wall Art
OSRAS - Conference Tickets (2)
Precision Marine - Protein Skimmer
Puppy Center - Gift Certificates + ????
R+R Aquatics - Gift Certificates
Rapid LED - 24" Solderless Actinic Supplement Kit
Reef Chicks - Gift Certificate
Reef Geek - Shirt and Gift Certificate
Reef Rock - Sand and Base Rock
Rocky Mountain Frags - One BIG Gift Certificate
Rods Reef - Frozen Food Variety Packs
Sea and Reef - Designer Clown Pairs
Sea Chem - Reef Supplement Package
Totally Exotic Corals of Oregon - Gift Certificates
Tropic Marin - 200 gallon bucket Tropic Marin Bio-ACTIF System Salt , 6, Salt Water pH Tests, 6 Liquid Bio-CALCIUM Sets, 6, 6 X 5,000 Liquid Bio-CALCIUM Liquid Refill Sets, 6, Salt Water pH Tests
Wow, that was a lot of typing... did I mention there was more stuff that isn't on the list yet?
See you in a few weeks.
-Jon

Last edited:

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Updated list:

Affordable Aquatics CT
Algagen FL
Anthony27 NYC
Aquadreams MA
Artreaction CT
Boston Aqua Farms MA
CTARS
Chris M MA
Chriskid CT
CT Marinlife CT
E.O. Smith Coral Project CT
elmafioso52988 (Pablo) BRS
Emessier CT
EMG CT
Exotic Fish and Corals CT
Exotic Reef Creations MD
Fathom LED NYC
Fish Frenzy MA
Frank180 BRS
Gotham Aquatics NYC
Greg Hiller BRS
Hammer NH
HeadieCorals VA
Icycoral CT
Jason Foxx Parts Unknown
Jmar101786 NYC
knockOUT Aquatics LLC PA
Kwong1998 NYC
KyleinCT CT
Love the Reef BRS
Marco Rocks MA
NYCPassat NYC
Oceanus MA
OzoneParkGuy NYC
Pablo NYC
Puppy Center CT
R+R Aquatics NYC
Reef Creations NYC
OSRAS RI
Shector/Bubbabobobbrain CT
SubWOOer NY
Suicideissleep CT
Swannyson CT
Tinygiant NH
Tropic Marin MA
Upstate Corals NY
Walsh Services LLC (Custom Acryic Tanks/Cabinets) MA

Also have a HUGE list of raffle items that is growing by the day!

Last edited:

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just added Dr. Mac to the vendor list and have 2 x AquaFX 100gpd RO/DI units, a Fathom LED fixture and an Acan LED fixture to add to the raffle!

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There are two choices that are really close and a few a bit farther away (15min)
-the Nathan Hale Inn in Storrs is literally just across a parking lot from the school. It is in Uconn's campus, which is next door. Not the cheapest option but very nice and VERY close.
-the Best Western in Mansfield (on Storrs Road, which the school is also on) is just down the road 5min. Not a walk, but a real short drive. It would be cheaper than the Hale, if that is a concern.
-Just about any hotel in Manchester CT would be close as well. There are quite a few so you could have your pick. You would have a 15min drive to the school from there. The closer to 84 you are, the shorter the drive would be.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: