Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here is my 2c on the FFM. It is the largest number of coral vendors of any show. The whole point of the show is to get together a TON of coral vendors. There are 20+ dry goods places too, but it is mostly coral vendors. With that many vendors, you will find whatever coral you are looking for, and then a few others you didn't know you needed. The set-up fee is VERY low for shops and even lower for hobbyists, and it is only a one day show so they don't feel like they need to make up their money = lower prices. With that many vendors, there is a TON of competition, which means if one guy is asking too much- go to the next room and find the same coral. Most of the vendors will bargain with you, some are more willing to go low than others but bargains are to be had for sure.
I hear you on the 3 hours but I always look at it as I would drive an hour to go to a good LFS, or to pick up pieces from a hobbyist. This would be a 3 hour drive to see 100 different vendors- most of them coral vendors.
I run the show, so I am biased, but admission is only $5, so its not like one person more or less is going to kill my school program (where all the proceeds go to). You will not regret taking the ride out. Everyone that comes out, comes back the next year.
Stop by and introduce yourself if you decide to come out.
-Jon

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I know every seller there. Tell me what you are looking for and I will see what I can do to find it for you. There are some great guys who come out to sell every year who I am sure can hook you up.

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My tanks are in room 107, so I am usually in there. If you cant find me, find one of the people who work the FFM for me, they can find me.

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Cornhole-announcement.jpg

Official rules:
-It is a 16 person, single elimination tournament.
-The first 16 people to email me at [email protected] get a space in the 1st Annual FFM Cornhole Tournament. You need to email me with a name and a cell phone number so we can call you if you forget to come to your match.
-The round of 16 will start at 1pm and times will be posted for the second round and beyond, at the FFM.
-I will email the times for the matches after we have filled the spaces for the tournament.
-Any player not present for their match, will forfeit and the other player will move on to the next round.
-The winner of the tournament will have to hug Seth Swayne of the Reef Shine Guys to claim their prize.

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Last year we had 1312 people in attendance for the day, which was up from the 1130 that we had the year before. The amazing thing is that we had a terrible storm all around us last year, with wind/snow/etc... and still had over 1300 people!

I agree it more than just finding a bargain coral (although you will certainly find it there, and then some...). The FFM started as a "typical" small swap, with a few guys with tanks selling corals. It has grown into a beast of a show. I think that the big shows, RAP, MACNA, etc... do a great job but it still has a "conference" feel to it. The FFM is run at the school, in the classrooms, by myself and my students- it is a completely different thing than any other show. I am not in it to make money, just to support my school program- so it is still just $5 to get in and have access to the whole thing. The vendors pay next to nothing to set up. I just want it to be the best show that I can. I put the whole thing together myself, with a little help from a few friends and my students.

I also get that it is a 2 hour ride from the city to get up here but ask anyone from your neck of the woods who has come up if it was worth it. When someone makes the trip up, they always come back the next year. I always make the argument that you would drive an hour to go see a great shop, why not drive 2 or 3 to see ~80 great shops, all in one place. There are more coral vendors at the FFM, than at any other show. Why not come see what all the buzz is about?

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Last year I didn't get to go for two reason. One was the bad weather. Second the Tank wasn't fully mature enough. Which was the real reason. I'm dying to go to get some SPS. It definitely the place to get a variety at good price. So far weather doesn't look to good. But I'm getting exciting looking for 2 hour drive.

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

The eye candy that is being posted up in the FB group has been CRAZY. I can't seem to convince the vendors to post here so here is a sampling of what has been posted there by sellers at the FFM to show off what they are bringing...
Less than a week to go, 100+ vendors, not a show to miss!!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: