jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
They say 1 squirt for 200ml of water. The water should have a reddish/brown/golden color to it. The corals do fade a little in color after the dip, but not too bad.

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I don't want to make it sound like I'm bashing, because I'm not, but I got a frag from Dr. Mac with AEFW. It was only one frag out of 40 corals. I contacted Dr. Mac and spoke to him directly. First off, I told him that I believe that this was an isolated incident. I dipped the coral in Tropic Marin Pro Cure thanks to Rich. He noticed the recession and said why not dip it. It turned up 4 flatworms and 2 clutches of eggs. If it wasn't for him having the dip with him and actually being the one who spotted it, I could have had some serious problems. We went on to dip several colonies and frags which turned up clean. All acros were dipped. Dr. Mac told me that he treats for red bugs and flatworms, but it is possible that it got past them. I suggested that he begin carrying the Tropic Marin dip and when people order from him, he should "remind" people to purchase it with their order, like they do with their glue.
Again, I'm in no way bashing Dr. Mac. I've always had good experiences dealing with him and I will continue to use him. All I'm saying is that you should be prepared. These things can come from anywhere. Acro's have to be dipped and inspected. I would hate to go through what some guys are going through with these things.

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Dave, thanks for the offer. If there is anything suspect, I will let you know. After we dipped the first piece, I was already considering turning my tank into either a softie or FOWLR. It was a relief dipping the rest of the corals an not turning up anything. 2 things that really helped me out was 1: all of my sps are small. Frags and small colonies. 2: I glue everything to a smaller rock and then glue it to my rock scaping, so at the moment, I was able to remove almost everything in small portions without effecting my rockwork. I feel bad for guys who have to do this after their colonies have encrusted onto their big rocks. I really believe I'm clean right not, but I'm not adding anything without a dip and detailed inspection first.
The advantage of the Tropic Marin is it works almost immediately. All 4 flatworms fell off within the first 2 minutes. This gave me the option to dip others that were not infected for 5 to 7 minutes. Much less stress on them and no discoloration. All is looking good. I fragged a piece off of the infected colony. The infected colony was dipped for 15 minutes. I cut it as far away from the egg clutches as possible and the frag is doing well. I'm now very proactive and aggressive when dealing with this problem.

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
ok, well i ordered a bottle of the TMPC (should have it by the swap).
I'll be sure to dip anything i add to my tank, and will have to take some corals out and dip them as well to find out if i have any...

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
any natural predators to these guys? it would not really be practical to remove every trace of acropora from the tank to treat.

is the Christmas Wrasse known to eat them? (as reference earlier)

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
alrha said:
any natural predators to these guys? it would not really be practical to remove every trace of acropora from the tank to treat.

is the Christmas Wrasse known to eat them? (as reference earlier)

A few guys said various wrasses like sixline, coris, christmas tree, and a bunch of other eat them but they are not the solution. I have seen these wrasses eat the flatworms when they are blown free into the water column with a turkey baster. Removing the acro's is the only way to treat with the pro cure which makes it a real PITA, definitely not practical. I need to find more info on in tank treatments with Levimosle (sp?) Last year one of our members (delv) did an in tank treatment and he lost a lot of corals :(

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
in tank treatments (like FWE) are much easier - provided it's not gonna kill the tank with the flatworms. i wonder if they can be treated like Joe's Juice, just "Target Dose" the acros so that there is not a need to dose such a high concentration that might kill the tank.

anyway, thanks for all the info rich, i did dip a few of my unhealthy acros tonight (in FWE then in Reef Dip - i am getting Pro-Cure sunday, i assume there will be no need to replenish my FWE or RD once i have it?). i tried examining the coral, but as expected was not able to notice any FWs or eggs. I diped anyway, and tons of pods and stuff came off. i did not notice any flatworms but i bet they must have been there as the coral shows the symptoms of AEFW. I will make sure to dip everything going in and out of my tank just to be safe.
i have other acros that are totally healthy, do these guys just pick on distressed corals? if not, then why would they not have spread to other acros?

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I'm happy to say that I dipped a bunch of corals at the swap and there were no flatworms!!! This is great! BUT, be sure to dip everything that goes into you're tank. These little buggers are all over and trust me, you don't want them in your reef :( If you don't have procure use a 15-20x dosage of flatworm exit as a dip.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
YES!!! All Four corals I brought for Rich to dip came out clean :D

I do have my order in with Ronen for the procure. Come on Ronen I can't put anything else in my tank until you get these bottles in ;)

I have to say I was relieved, I can now say my tank is pest free, well except for the damn aptasia's that came out of nowhere :irked:

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 99%
201   2   0
jhale said:
YES!!! All Four corals I brought for Rich to dip came out clean :D

I do have my order in with Ronen for the procure. Come on Ronen I can't put anything else in my tank until you get these bottles in ;)

I have to say I was relieved, I can now say my tank is pest free, well except for the damn aptasia's that came out of nowhere :irked:

LOL
I guess your not online ,They will be here friday ,8 bottles from one place and 4 from another to make up this order ,but guess what they will not be in stock for another freaking month ,aside from one other place i know that has maybe 10 bottles left that they are keeping for retail sales

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: