spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
guys these things are the weridest flatworms you'll see yet. They are almost invisable and coral can look like perfect heath and have them. I detected my coral's infection early. That is because im always looking at my coral's heath and color, but for some people it's the hardest thing you'll ever try to find.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Thanks to Daves advice,I did a fresh water dip on a coral that wasn't doing so well and a 1/2" reddish brown flatworm fell off. I actually treated my tank 3 days ago with the suggested dosage of Flatworm Exit as a precaution which may have killed some of them but not all.
Anyway, tomorrow I am getting more Flatworm exit and planning a 4x dosage to kill them ALL!!!! I will have a 50gal WC and carbon ready to go just in case things start to look bad.

PS I couldn't see the 1/2" FW on the coral :(

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
WOW! How did all you guys get Acro FW?? That just sucks. Good luck on the treatments.

Rich, really keep an eye on your tank when you treat with such a high dose of FWE, have make up water and carbon/polyfilters ready. Since your on an extremely toxic dose. Plus fish can die from it, i.e. damsels seem to be sensitive to FWE in my experience.

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Pseudo said:
**** ... I cant believe I couldn't see them. You were right again
damn..

Kasei

kasei they were even impossible to see with rich's magnifying glass, some reason i shook the IMported aquacultured ones, yeah you know the ones im talking about. They gave off at least 15 each.

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Kedd said:
Do you have a pic?
How do you know they eat acro's?

Kedd

kedd i'll post up some pics after i do the flat worm exit, I heard from kasei that they eat the slime off the corals and in the end killing the coral. I have no idea but i saw underneath my nana there were some white spots. and bam flatworms.

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Dave,

They eat the coral flesh but the corals slime up. Thats what I meant. All of mine did that and then the flesh was gone later. That sucks though.

Kasei

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Pseudo said:
Dave,

They eat the coral flesh but the corals slime up. Thats what I meant. All of mine did that and then the flesh was gone later. That sucks though.

Kasei

kasei i killed a nice population now im worried about the eggs. I really dont see any tho.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I dose 3x suggested dosage of Flatworm Exit
20 minutes later I notice "particles" floating in the water column
4 hrs later I notice water is a little cloudy and the fish are hiding and won't eat.
I placed a 2lb sack of carbon in the sump and am preparing a 30gal water change.
Corals seem fine, actually better with increased polyp extension.
I'll update later tonight or tomorrow. Hopefully fish are ok :(

stingnyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
i did fw and sw with fw exit dips on all corals that looked suspect. I didn't find any aefw's just a few red planaria and pods. i treated the entire tank with fw exit to get rid of the red planaria.

i'm loosing all my micro brittle stars and some of my corals seem stressed :( hopefully everythng will be fine after my 30% wc.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I also saw a bunch of dead micro stars.

Still making more RO for a WC but the fish are out and swimming and the water cleared since adding the carbon. They also ate some mysis so it looks like they'll be ok.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: