robscool

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Looking for some advice...

I have a HUGE finger leather that I would like to trim down a bit. The only problem is that it is attached to a piece of rock that is at the bottom of my aquascape and there is no way to remove this rock without tearing down my entire tank.

Is there any safe way to frag this while it is still in the DT? I am afraid to do it because of what it may release into the tank after being cut. The only thing I can think of is running a TON of carbon after I frag, but I'm still apprehensive.

Any advice is appreciated!

photo-10.jpg

Euroreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
If it were me, Id cut it in half. Keep half where its at, and either make some nice big frags with the other half or relocate the other half to another place in the tank. 100% run carbon.

If your afraid of cutting it in the tank, the first cut can be done in the tank with you running carbon. Use some water change water in a bucket to cut the rest.

Last edited:

Cibo

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Just frag it !! I have fraged mine with no problems. with in a few weeks it was better, carbon cant hurt, I was thinking of cutting mine again.

robscool

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Cut a huge arm off at the base last night without any issues. I made about 6 frags. I will let them heal, attach to rock and then reach out to those who expressed interest in a frag. Thanks for the advice all. That wasn't so bad!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: