If you kept sps under T5z, what was your experience?

• I have kept sps under t5z successfuly.

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • I have kept sps under t5z, BAD IDEA!!!

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I think its possible. Never tried it.

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • I dont think its possible. NEVER tried it.

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

drperetz

No more big tanks
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I have been hoovering over this question, " how good are t5z? I am doing it curently and I have noticed some rapid growth on my green and red digiz, my bnest, and my miliz...

I wont mension what I dose into the water but those who do have sps with t5z tell up what ur experience has been so far...:chef:

Last edited:

jasonperez

MY BABIES
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
hay good ? i have t5s 54x8 on a 75g 18.5" h and i have 1 coral of sps that seem to be doing fine its growing fast im happy. but then you see the tanks that have the mh and then i say am i doing this right:question: im going to stick with t5s untill a good set of mh falls in my lap so i pray just to be apart of the gang dont know lets see how my one pc of sps gets

drperetz

No more big tanks
Rating - 100%
30   0   0

I should have stated this earlier, I dont want to (incurege?) any on placing sps randomly of u have a t5 lighting set up....All I am doing is collecting people experiences so that people can refer to this thread and aquire some info on what techniques people use on reef keeping.

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I should have stated this earlier, I dont want to (incurege?) any on placing sps randomly of u have a t5 lighting set up....All I am doing is collecting people experiences so that people can refer to this thread and aquire some info on what techniques people use on reef keeping.

not sure what you mean by encouraging random placement w/ t5 lighting but i have an acro growing quite well at the bottom of my tank (24")

i dose ESV 2 part

drperetz

No more big tanks
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
not sure what you mean by encouraging random placement w/ t5 lighting but i have an acro growing quite well at the bottom of my tank (24")

i dose ESV 2 part

what I meen is that I dont sugest any1 who is still messing around with water quality to thry to grow sps under t5.....I think thats what I ment.:turtle: :teeth: :scratch: :pimp:

ssmtcarlo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I have been growing my sps under T5's for about 8 months now and have had great results. I have 4 39watt over a 30 gallon with a 20 gal sump i skim with a remora and dose 2part. my green digi nhas grown from a 2 inch frag to a five+ inch colony. my green milli colony has grown about 2 inches and i have a purple bonsai colony that has grown about an inch. I will post pics asap. all of my sps are placed mid tank or slightly higher.

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I have been growing my sps under T5's for about 8 months now and have had great results. I have 4 39watt over a 30 gallon with a 20 gal sump i skim with a remora and dose 2part. my green digi nhas grown from a 2 inch frag to a five+ inch colony. my green milli colony has grown about 2 inches and i have a purple bonsai colony that has grown about an inch. I will post pics asap. all of my sps are placed mid tank or slightly higher.

Looking forward to the pics.

Anybody else?

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
what I meen is that I dont sugest any1 who is still messing around with water quality to thry to grow sps under t5.....I think thats what I ment.:turtle: :teeth: :scratch: :pimp:

i think that should be the case for MH as well.

there are pics in my Tank Thread. I have acropora and montipora mostly

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: