QUESTIONMARC

www.Questionmarc.com
Rating - 100%
376   0   0
hmm.. im out.. lol.. i just had 3 colonies go on me this week.. spoke to a bunch of people.. started with a phosban change.. alot of people out their beleive fine particles in the water cause the reactions.. im starting to believe it as well.. makes no sense why one red cap on one side would go dead.. and the other wouldnt.. makes no sense.. any ways.. that was my 2 cents..

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i have heard about people that have had that problem Marc. I run about 5 gallons of water through my reactor before hooking it back up to the tank. I also run it through a 100 micron filter sock for the first couple days...

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Things have continued to heal up better for me since i started dosing iodine.

Before:
IMG_1391.jpg

Today: You can see where a big part of it died before things started to get better. It has colored up well and is growing again.
IMG_1404.jpg

grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Hey Wes good to see everything is doing well.Keep us posted on the progress. Just curious how big is your tank? How much are you dosing and are you using Lugols?
Without reading everypost what salt are you using?

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Wes I'm glad to see things are getting better for you. Any other changes besides the iodine?

Thanks Rich, it has been a very trying time. Nope that was the only change...just continued with the regularly scheduled waterchanges and dosed the iodine every few days. So either the iodine helped or whatever infection i had has run it's course...or a combination of the two.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: