anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
I am wondering why when I feed the open brain at 3 in the afternoon( frozen shrimp) and then I feed the fish at 6pm and turn off the lights and have the moon lights running ..... The open brain seems to "puke" up its food. I am wondering why it is doing this?? My water is good my ph is 8.3 my salt is 1.026 and no nitrites or nitrates I use ro water to do water changes.... Any idea

cowfish

Psycho-ologist
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
If it's "puking" then the pieces of food are too big. Try small slivers of silverside, a few mysis shrimp or a piece of chopped krill. These corals do need to be fed at least weekly or they will eventually die of starvation.

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
Dont get me wrong I like to feed the corals alot, and also I have a dunkin and I bought it with 3 heads and now it has 4, I just see it "hacking" the food... I am going to buy silver sides today and see. Now do you feed them at night or during the day I usually do that during the day. O thnaks again for the help.

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
That is true some times it is better to feed them druing the day. I feed the dunkins during the day and they seem to be happy. Thank you all for the adivce. Now I would like to know what is the best food to feed them.

Chraddam

ALL AROUND BAMF
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I feed mine 3x/week, alternating between diced squid, diced shrimp, and occasionally brine shrimp and podmix. They seem to be doing fine. I feed in the morning, after the lights have been on for a little while.

SevTT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I'm guessing that your coral's just releasing partially digested food because it senses more food incoming. Feed your fish first, then your coral -- or just do it all at the same time, or put about 12 hours between feedings.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: