guri

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I have those polyps and five days they are not opening checked the water Phosphate 0.03 Ammonia 0.1 Nitrite 0 Nitrate between 0 and 0.5
This never happened before don’t know what to do? Anybody can help me
Thanks a lot
ps resently i see a lot of Asterina stars

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 440
Last edited:

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
I have those polyps and five days they are not opening checked the water Phosphate 0.03 Ammonia 0.1 Nitrite 0 Nitrate between 0 and 0.5
This never happened before don’t know what to do? Anybody can help me
Thanks a lot

you shouldn't have any traces of ammonia ...

guri

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
i always had ammonia more then 0.1 during 5 years.three month ago started vodka dozing and my water quality improved also added red turf algae recently water is much better then used to

daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
...so odd about the amonia.

if the stars are crawling on the zoas, they could bother them enough that they are not opening.

Some will tell you that asterinas will eat zoanthids - there are MANY different types of asterinas, and while some may eat them, most don't...

what changed a week ago that made your zoanthids unhappy?

A water change is a good place to start regardless..

you may also want to take a turkey baster and just blow the detritus off your rocks - perhaps some stuff has landed on the zoanthids that is making them unhappy.....

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Can you post a pic or two of the types of asterinas you have in your tank.

Also, were any new corals added near these zoas that aren't opening, and are all of your zoas reacting this way or just some of them in this area of the tank.

A full tank shot would also be helpful.

I am curious about your lighting - the zoas in the pic are very stretched out (upwardly), and that is often a sign of not getting enough light. What type of lighting do you have and when did you last change the bulbs?

Chraddam

ALL AROUND BAMF
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I have the same zoas, and the same problem-they seem very sensitive to light, and they are just finicky little guys. I see them listed and sold everywhere as "Lord of the Rings", but so far they are more like "Lord of the Pain-in-the-@$$"!!!

Euroreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Check for Zoa eating Nudis...they turn the same color as the zoas they eat so you gotta inspect them very carefully, or pull out the whole piece and dip in Lugols

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: