Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hi, I am not sure what's going on. This is my first Anemone and I am not really sure what's going on. This After noon I noticed it has started "invert" onto itself. I believe this a Green Bubble tip anemone. I had it for a week and I feed it every other day. The Tank is 55 gallons and all other water parameters are 0. I had this tank for about a year and a half. Hopefully, he's not dying.
image.php
[/url][/IMG]

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Papote, most important for anemones is the source of light. Please tell us what type of lighting you are using on your tank.;)

BTW, anemones do invert at times with no ill effects. As a matter of fact some of mine will invert at night.:)
It appears as your anemone is moving from the rock to the pipe or vice versa.

Also, when you give us parameters we would like them to be in actual values as well as what test you are using.
For example: Ammonia___, Nitrite__,Nitrate__,Calcium__,Alkalinity__,Magnesium__,Temperature__,PH__,Salinity__ and the brand of test kits you are using.;)
Helps us to help you better!!!!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I would give it some time and see what happens, it looks like it is just trying to move. When it opens back up, if its mouth isnt tightly closed, try feeding it. BTA's eat more than most anemones, some people feed theirs up to 3x a week but I think a silverside every 1-2 weeks would be good.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
not suppose to feed nems silversides, they are too big and the bones can cause a problem, feed them clam, mysis ect but not large pieces, also go to reefcentral and check out the clown and anenome pages alot of info there

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I have never had a problem feeding anything to my anemones including silversides.;) I like to feed a variety to all my animals except my 4 legged buddies.lol

Of course you should not feed a huge silverside to a small anemone. Silversides come in different sizes, and if you end up with a package that only has large ones all you have to do is chop it up.;)

briangg57

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Papote, most important for anemones is the source of light. Please tell us what type of lighting you are using on your tank.;)

BTW, anemones do invert at times with no ill effects. As a matter of fact some of mine will invert at night.:)
It appears as your anemone is moving from the rock to the pipe or vice versa.

Also, when you give us parameters we would like them to be in actual values as well as what test you are using.
For example: Ammonia___, Nitrite__,Nitrate__,Calcium__,Alkalinity__,Magnesium__,Temperature__,PH__,Salinity__ and the brand of test kits you are using.;)
Helps us to help you better!!!!
+1, As long as your water par. and lighting is good, he looks fine.this is a pic. of mine doing the same thing.
allmypics-175.jpg

and this is him opened
Late2009Pics-012.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
You know what some anenomes dont do so good even if the parameters are perfect its weird I have a few in my tank and i lost 2 already and 4 have survived just make sure you have feed them or else they can feed on your fish if you dont believe me look what happen to me

Attachments

• eaten mandarin.JPG
    eaten mandarin.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 158

briangg57

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know what some anenomes dont do so good even if the parameters are perfect its weird I have a few in my tank and i lost 2 already and 4 have survived just make sure you have feed them or else they can feed on your fish if you dont believe me look what happen to me
Yea, the same thing happened to me with 2 mandarins. I'm beginning to think that mandarins as a rule are a very depressed species. LOL

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
He we back to normal. I watch every little thing he does because I am terrified with ending up with the infamous “Anemone Reef Chowder Soup”

I am using the Aquarium Pharmaceuticals test kits. I test the water every other hour and everything is 0 with a PH of 8.2. Salinity is 1.025, I drip dose Kalk with a peristaltic pump I got off from ebay and that pump is controlled by an AC jr controller that shuts the pump once PH reaches 8.25 and turns it back on when the PH falls to 8.15. I usually feed it ? inch size of raw shrimp every other day. As for lighting, it’s a DYI system with 8 moon LCD lights and 4 bulb 65w power compacts driven by an Icecap 660. I can easy add two more bulbs but didn't because I was concerned about having too much light. I have one Yellow Tang, Crown fish and Rabbit fish and 75 Lbs of live rock.. I’ve been in the hobby 4 years and this is actually my second crack at it, my first tank two years ago ended in disaster when I went away on a business trip and left my friend baby sitting my tank.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
? how are you driving power compact s with a ice cap 660 ? and lighting might be a issue. anenome's need higher light, i currently have a 8 bulb t5 36" unit on my system and it isnt too much light and cut back on the feeding

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
leave the anenome alone if ur water is good and you got some flow and run regular light cycle they move to were he comfy ...and you only need to the at most are times a week I have four anenome in my tank I feed them sunday and wed

briangg57

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a felling lighting might be the issue. I might just bite the bullet and upgrade to MH this week(marine depot has a sale), I am just concerned that 500W+ in a 55G might be over kill.
Unless you are going to do more demanding sps than me, T-5s are the way to go. "Wave point" Has a great light fixture out and is only $250.00 if you shop around. I've seen them from $250.00 to $344.00 for the 48 inch 216 watt light. This produces MUCH less heat and reduces the chance for a need of a chiller,"EXPENSIVE" and also uses WAY less electricity and the bulbs are MUCH cheaper. This is what I've kept flourishing for 5+ years in my 75 gal. with 260 watts of power compacts and 108 watts T-5 over the clam .It all depends on which sps you choose, your anem. would be perfectly fine.
Late2009Pics-061.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: