xvinny631x

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Never fed it directly.. The only thing i do is throw some mysis in when the lights r off... Its already blown up a little in the 15 minutes but no more than what it does at night.. Should i feed it directly???

xvinny631x

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
its on the bottom on the sandbed... ive moved it up towards light as well.. i didnt think i had much current at all.. right now its surrounded by rocks hopefully this works

danny

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
brain coral

I used to feed mine directly once a month with a small piece of silversides or krill at night when the feeder tentacles were out. (when I had my 120RR) She will also get alot of nutrients from the water column but wait & see how she does with the change in flow.

danny

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
brain coral

Vinny from the pic I do not see any receding tissue & I do not think you will lose her. If you see that she is inflating a small amount with reduced flow, do not move her for a week. Sometimes moving too much can affect the coral. You should see the feeder tentacles at night.

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
I would liek to add to this thread, I have 3 open brain corals in my tank and all of them are very happy. I would sugest looking at the coral very closely and see if any fish have nipped at it from the video the fish are big and might be knocking it over or touching it, also I have a 40 breeder and 6 ho t5s so I am ok on lighting but they love the light, what is the temp in the tank and also if it blows up a little in the night I would feed it and see what happens check for tissue lose, I have not seen a brain that is partial to high or low flow I have had mine in med to high flow and they dident mind at all. try to start feeding it and see what happensf rom there. I also think I could have been damaged with you brought it home from the store they are very sensative to banging them and then such. Best bet watch the mouths on it and feed it, see where that goes from there. I do know know if high up and mh. will mix well with them I thought it might burn the flesh of the coral cause of the out put of the lighting.

xvinny631x

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Anthony i think your right with the fish thing.. They alwayz come to the front of the tank and seem to graze by it.. i have them distracted for the day with a mirror on the side of the tank... it is opening up a little already.. ill try to feed it tonight thanx for the help!

xvinny631x

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Heres the progress so far, doesnt look like much but its deffinatly a big difference from the first pic
IMG_16081.jpg

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
That was the size of a football in the store?!

I have the exact same one, and it may open a little more than your's, but only increases in size by about 20%. Closed about 3" round. Open about 4".

Here is a photo of mine. It's under 150W 14K MH and 03 actinic CFL bulbs. Flow is low to moderate.
Picture%20003.jpg

xvinny631x

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
no joke! It was at the new petswarehouse store.. The only reason i bought it was because i was so impressed.. Paid 120 for it.. If I get it back to full size i will post pics..I would have gotten one at GC but this thing was huge

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: