AlohaTropics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Just wanted to get a few opinions on the matter. I've noticed that Lord Acan colonies that are growing new heads on the bottom to almost underneath show some amazing coloration. I've actually noticed this on a few Ultra Favias as well. Is this extreme coloration due to adolescent polyps or is it due to a lower amount of light? If it's the latter, then would that mean lowering the amount of light will turn the rest of the colony these amazing colors?

michael Jack

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I think its a little of both but I do see my acans and favia look much better under lower light I have some vats that have the lights on in one place and I have a vat with the light rail where the lihgt moves back an d forth and that vat showes better color alaround Ive had favia bleach out under strong lights

chuck116

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
We only have 3 acans 2 larger colonies and we agree that they look alot better and brighter in lees intense light. All we use is Code A&B with the Magnesium and a calcium reactor. just my 2 cents.

Chuck P & Anna Maria

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: