daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Okay, so for those of you who love and keep Yumas -

I have recently had a rash of yumas detaching from their rocks. My calcium was a bit low, Alk was a bit high. Have since corrected the calcium and alk, but the problem is now striking another of my yumas.

I'm just wondering if any of you have successfully reattached a yuma.

Thanks!

tahl

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Sorry to hear of the issues with the Yumas, they are the first to react by detatching to any parameter changes it seems...

Best bet is bridal veil to keep it snug to the disk and hope it reattaches. Neither rubber banding or toothpicks work well with Yumas.

Ryanr1212

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 71.4%
5   2   0
take some string and tie it down to a rock... it will attach in a matter of days if the water parameters get better.. keep it out of high flow and it will attach even quicker

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
put it in a clear contianers with piece of rubble leave for few days if it still alive it will or put it in corner of ur tank with no flow and a piece lr the rubber band thing only work for leather for me not the yumas

daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
update on the yumas:

I lost the two that I had bought at the spring swap. HUGE disappointment there. :(

Two others that have been in my system for over a year came unattached, but are still doing okay - one just moved onto the sand and is not floating around. The other I tried to attach using wedding veil, but it scooted out from under the veil. It, too, seems to be happily living on the sand for now.

I am working on improving parameters in the system overall, and will keep updating, though I should probably move this info over to my tank thread....

And will post pics soon.

thanks for your advice!

t

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: