jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I have to totally disagree Michael. :sgrin:

I watched this old house all the time, and I was watching it for Norm, not Bob.
This was the common statement from those I knew who also watched the show,
Bob's a dick, and Norm is a carpentry God.

I would watch the show all the time with an ex Gf, we did not own a house, we just liked watching Norm build stuff. There is a difference between Norm and other carpenters on TV. He can explain things in an intelligent way, and has a warm charming personality. Have you seen Bob's new show "at home with Bob Villa"?
the carpenter they have on their is a nice guy, but he's got nothing to offer the viewers. I guess Bob made sure he would have the only personality on his own show?

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
As far as carpentry goes, anyone who can do it is a god to me right now!! Yes Jonathan, that includes you!. I finally got the arc doors done. I went through alot of sandpaper, wood and blades so far on the build.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
thanks herman, I'm not feeing to god like now, I'm working on a window seat that covers an a/c and heater, it has to open up like a transformer robot, my head hurts.

T

twinreef

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Hey ECFENCING did you have any pics of how your canopy came out?
Sorry that they HI JACKED YOUR THREAD.

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
twin reef I'll post this weekend. It came out ok except for the fact that Lowe's cut the pieces wrong. It was 1/4" short on the width and one side was a bit longer that the other on the height so the cover does not fall perfectly on the corners but you really can't tell from a distance.

I was thinking of having them re cut it and this time I would be going down with a measuring tape and a pencil to mark it for them.

yessongs

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Norm is very talented, and so is Tom Silva.
As i remember Norm was a contractor during the 1st or 2nd season of This Old House.
there was someone else that worked with Bob before they realized Norm's talent and then hired him.

JMO, edge banding is nice, but you will see the Butt joints.
Here is a pic of a radiator cover i made 5 years ago out of ply-wood and used corner guard. IMO, its a better finish. You can see it used in the two links from RC ECFENCING posted.

DSCN4674.jpg

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
OK Here's the canopy. Not as nice as Jonathan would have built it. Also Lowes can't cut straight pieces. Furthermore they don't guarantee you'll get what you ask for.The width on the canopy is 1/2" short and one side is higher than the other.

Maybe some molding will hide the errors made by Lowes.

DSCN1092.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: