House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Special thanks to NYPDFrogman for helping me make (well, he really made it, I only posed for the pictures to kick start my budding acting career :) my new frag tank. We took a good amount of time and stopped at a few shops in between (we need to get to Hackensack more often) and had a great time. I am posting a few pics of the machining and some glueing - complete pics of the tank to come when it get's delivered. Frank wanted to do some finishing touches before I took pics - a master at acrylic, by the way. I can't wait to start my next project.

Thanks again frank, I learned a ton.

Jim

Attachments

• Cornering.jpg
    Cornering.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 333
  • overflowbox.jpg
    overflowbox.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 331
  • Box_Done.jpg
    Box_Done.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 329
  • Box_Done2.jpg
    Box_Done2.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 323

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
OK all - rich, frags are in the existing 20g - this will replace that to make room for my chiller.

Joe, thanks, you really have to see the finished product - Frank is a craftsman with acrylic (the SH** I learned that day - whew). Also, it will be part (plumbed) of the existing tank - just like my existing frag tank (which has a few frags BTW).

Rborgia - we used Weldon 4 for all the seams and only had to resort to Weldon 16 for one of the corner that decided to be a little uncooperative. In the end, the Weldon won that battle).

McFuz - it is 14x18x12" and will be just over 13 gallons running will be more like 12g). It also has a corner overflow box and is euro braced (mostly for looks) and will likely be a clam tank for me as well as frags :).

Look for updated pics in the next few days.

House

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
we had a really great time doing it. Dont let Jim kid you he did most of the work with me kind of supervising.
to me this is part of the enjoyment of the hobby, helps keep away the bordem.

while we set the sides and glued them we took a little road trip we went to reef Encounters in hackensack, the "fish tank" in Saddlebrook ( I couldnt resist bought another mini colony of acro orange with neon green polyps) they also had the biggest coral beauty I have ever seen(4.5") I would have bought him but hhe wasnt eating. the last stop was Absolutly fish we choked down a burger and headed to my house to finish the tank.

I had a rough nite last nite didnt get to bed tuill 330 was up at 6 Am for my son's hockey game. I'm totally shot I'll ease the edges tomorrow and polish it up and head over to Jims to deliver his new tank.

I'll post some pics of the polishing process

Jim It was my pleasure helping you out!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: