Rating - 100%
64   0   0
dont worry about it ill just get it from the place that deanos posted... no need to go crazy cause then im gonna have to make a trip to bk... lolz..

thanks alot for the help ctx. greatly appreciated for wanting to go out of ur way to help a fellow reefer..

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Tonyscoots84 said:
another thing could i use a 20 gallon long with that skimmer its not that high its about the height of a 10 gallon. will that be good enough or should i use my 29 gallon tank.. i think thats better..

As long as it fits, use the 29g. Its add'l height and volume are a plus when used as a sump.

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
What kind of stand are you going to be using on the 75g? You wanna make sure that your skimmer will be able to go in and out of your sump when you need to clean it. Depending on your stand a 29g will be too high to be able to get the skimmer in and out, where as the 20L will let you. Just something to think about, thats one of the reasons that I had to go with a 20L.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
im gonna do it this way.... what do u all think..

Attachments

• mod1ALT.jpg
    mod1ALT.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 854

ReeferJoe

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Tony,

When I did the gate valve mode like that on my G2 and close the gate valve too much, water would came out thru the top(other side of the T) instead of water level rising in the skimmer. The gate valve has to come before the T

On RC, someone suggested that from the output grey pipe, put the gate valve, then the T, then the 90 Deg elbow. Now as you close the gate valve, water in the skimmer will rise. I try that and it works.

Joe

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: