DontXtripNfall

Advanced Reefer
Hey so we already have a Zoanthid ring thats doing well, why not have one with SPS.

Taken from Josh and edited for SPS:

"This is my own take on DBTC. It will work a little differently, but it is based on the HONOR SYSTEM. If you can't have a little fun in this hobby without making a buck, don't try and join the ring. If you break the ring your reputation in the community will suffer!

This will NOT immediately increase the number of corals/frags in the community, but it will help improve our diversification.

I will give one frag of Purple Bonsai to the first person who agrees to join the ring, you do so by posting in this thread that you want it.

You have one week to pick up the frag. After you get the frag, you will post one of your own frags on this thread and someone else will offer to take it. This will continue until I decide to close the ring, at which time I will take the active frag and the ring will end (I will probably keep it running for a long time to see how far we can get).

You must post a different frag than the one you are getting. You may not sell the frag you get. You have one week to find someone else to take over the ring by taking your frag (the new one you are offering). If no one wants to take your frag, it probably means you are not offering anything good and you will have to list another frag in order to keep the ring going. For this particular ring, we will only trade SPS.
To summarize:

I list a frag
You post saying you want the frag and will take over the ring
You pick up the frag from me
You have one week to find someone else to take over the ring
You post a frag and if someone takes it, you are finished with your responsibilities in the ring.

Basically this is a BREAK EVEN strategy based on paying it forward.

I will start the ring with a Purple Bonsai frag.

Pickup in Manhattan (midtown east) directions once ring leader has been chosen.

Keep the ring going!

There is a Picture of another frag from the same "colony" that I have offered to the DBTC in another thread if you would like to view a picture.

PS: We need a DBTC icon now...

DontXtripNfall

Advanced Reefer
sorry about the delay, finals are nearing... so like i said there is a pic of a DBTC frag from the same colony in one of my other threads.. ill try to get one up of this as soon as i can

bigyankfan pm sent

bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Sorry guys, my bad. I have been traveling a lot on business and I had my tank crash last week when I lost power in my house and I wasn't home to attend to it. I am in the process of restarting my tank - once my levels are good I will begin restocking my tank. I plan on purchase an interesting frag at that point and I will restart the thread. Thx for your understanding.

KathyC

Sorry guys, my bad. I have been traveling a lot on business and I had my tank crash last week when I lost power in my house and I wasn't home to attend to it. I am in the process of restarting my tank - once my levels are good I will begin restocking my tank. I plan on purchase an interesting frag at that point and I will restart the thread. Thx for your understanding.

Sounds like it was an unintentional breakage...sorry to hear about your crash Eric!

Perhaps someone else can donate a frag to the ring to get it started back up and perhaps Eric will agree to start a 2nd SPS ring when he gets his tank back together?

Anyone willing to step in & offer up an SPS to get this going again? :)

ming

LE Coral Killer
Anybody want a frag of this?
bluestag-1.jpg

Must have another SPS ready to pass on at time of pickup.
Must post a pic of their tank.
Lastly, must be able to pickup from my place. (if you don't have a car, you will need to take bus and train)
If you cannot fulfill any criteria above, don't ask please.

KathyC

hey ming. what sps is that? interested in picking it up.

Ming..has daannmofo made arrangements yet to pick this up..or should we ask if anyone else is interested?
Sweet color..makes me wish I was into SPS :)
...and thanks again for offering to restart the ring!! :hug:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: