Rating - 100%
180   0   0
Okay so I have the Marine double bright on my 5gal DIY nano right now and I'm not satisfied with the coral growth/activeness :grumpy:. I was thinking about bumping up to this and maybe added more blue LEDs in there later on because I love the glow but would this be too powerful for such a small tank? I just have a bunch of zoas and star polyps and plan on adding some frog spawn and/or hammers soon.

Its a Finnex XL.
Our XL-2036 features one 36 watt 10,000k daylight power compact fluorescent bulb and one actinic blue compact fluorescent bulb to help your corals and plants flourish. In addition to this, an additional feature separating this unit from competing units is its utilization of LEDs

Or maybe even a Finnex ML?

If you guys have any other products that you think would top it and on a budget let me know. the tank is only like 18" long so I would not be able to have a large fixture on it :irked::sigh: . Thanks in advance.

-Dan

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Dan, the coral you have in that tank should do fine under the Marineland Double Bright fixture. Granted, it's not a high end fixture, but a 5g tank with zoa's and GSP's should do fine under that light. If you're experiencing less than acceptable growth you might want to look into some other reasons, ie: flow, nutrients, filtration, temp, parameters, etc.

GL
Russ

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: