Jaftica

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
how do you guys feel about the AI lighting systems batt600 mentioned. regardless of how he feels about acan lighting. Whether he is right or wrong. From what newfidog is saying AI lighting will come out being more expensive

thanks guys
Your best bet is to see if you can check out someones tank that have the lights you are looking to buy, This way you can see the way they light the tank, And how they operate.

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
I think im still leaning towards the 600 Series Acan Lights. Im still a beginner and the Acan i know is not upgradeable but its sleek, doesnt need to be hung from the ceiling (not an option i rent). The company is only a few exits away from me being that i work right in long island so i can always have the unit replaced or repaired if theres a problem.

IamRobG

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you show me where you get this data? Recently I heard similar sayings about another fixture as well, so I want to find out how you guys get this technical data.

This is right from their website.

The A102AC, A103AC, A104AC uses so-called 3 watt LED bulbs with similar specifications as Cree XPG. Manufacturers who drive 3 watts to each bulb can potentially cut down their production costs by reducing the number of bulbs and lenses used, but this comes at the expense of reliability and efficiency. In contrast, in order to maximize longevity, increase longevity, and maximize lumens, we only drive approximately 1 to 1.3 watts to each bulb.
The A101AC uses "1 watt" bulbs, but we've chosen to drive only approximately .25 watts to each bulb to ensure the maximum reliability and efficiency, and also to minimize heat generation.
We are closely working with a select number of top LED bulb manufacturers who are committed to developing specially produced bulbs most suitable for aquarium lighting. Based on our comparison tests, the high-quality bulbs used in our fixtures are superior for meeting the needs of reef keepers and more efficient than the bulbs from big name companies.

FMF0331

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
199   0   0
Love my acans - looking to get more fixtures to cover my new 200 gallon tank . Never had a problem with them, like jaftica said "thier support is top notch, and are located on long island". If something does go wrong and they are unable to repair it, i'll get another one.

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
Ok first off Acan*( AKA Eco-Lamps) There One Watt leds not 3W that all Bull Sh%# no were close to Cree XP-G . He been saying this from the begining when the light were question. If you take apart there fixture and get the # off the leds and puch the in online the led come up online as 1w leds . How willing to do this . My friend throw away his fixture a few months ago so how going to take there fixture apart and prove me wrong ?

IamRobG

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Batt you're really making yourself sound quite ignorant and pretty irritating to be honest. You have no proof to backup anything your saying except "my friend". What person in their right mind is going to take apart a 700$ fixture just to prove some guy on a forum wrong? If your friend threw his out, why didn't you take it apart beforehand to backup any of the claim your making. You built your own LED fixture so you must be an expert. You should've taken it apart if you hate it so much. The real question is why do you have such a "displeasure" for these fixtures? You're badmouthing something you have no personal experience with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaftica

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
batt you're really making yourself sound quite ignorant and pretty irritating to be honest. You have no proof to backup anything your saying except "my friend". What person in their right mind is going to take apart a 700$ fixture just to prove some guy on a forum wrong? If your friend threw his out, why didn't you take it apart beforehand to backup any of the claim your making. You built your own led fixture so you must be an expert. You should've taken it apart if you hate it so much. The real question is why do you have such a "displeasure' for these fixtures? You're badmouthing something you have no personal experience with.
+1.

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
Batt you're really making yourself sound quite ignorant and pretty irritating to be honest. You have no proof to backup anything your saying except "my friend". What person in their right mind is going to take apart a 700$ fixture just to prove some guy on a forum wrong? If your friend threw his out, why didn't you take it apart beforehand to backup any of the claim your making. You built your own LED fixture so you must be an expert. You should've taken it apart if you hate it so much. The real question is why do you have such a "displeasure" for these fixtures? You're badmouthing something you have no personal experience with.

Im just saying . Ok your right no one going to take it apart for warranty . Ok then Lets do it this way . I want to see par reading on the Acan and post them up .

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: