KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
It's been awhile since I have hatched any but the best advice I can give you is read the directions, and use fresh eggs, the older the eggs are the lower your hatch rate will be.

Don't hatch more than you can use in the first day of hatching as they become useless as food once they lose (absorb) their yolk sack (the only nutritional part of brine shrimp), and your fish will love them!

Folks who need to be raising brine to feed fry usually have 2 or 3 containers going at the same time so they always have freshly hatched brine.

Hope that helps some :)

adamizy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
It's been awhile since I have hatched any but the best advice I can give you is read the directions, and use fresh eggs, the older the eggs are the lower your hatch rate will be.

Don't hatch more than you can use in the first day of hatching as they become useless as food once they lose (absorb) their yolk sack (the only nutritional part of brine shrimp), and your fish will love them!

Folks who need to be raising brine to feed fry usually have 2 or 3 containers going at the same time so they always have freshly hatched brine.

Hope that helps some :)

Hmm looks like i need to buy new packs, mine are old already.
my tank is 20G so im only using one.

andylee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I haven't used it in years. I used to use them for an office tank with dwarf seahorses. It was a black cube with a hole on top where you could fit a clear jar. The shrimp are drawn to the light and wind up in the clear jar. I would add more eggs each day for a week or so so that there were freshly hatched shrimp each day.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: