al0ha

The Inked Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
yeah my tank's running great without one now. i just put that out there cuz alot of people would say just get a sump and forget about canisters

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
It isn't so much that canisters can't filter a small reef as much as it comes down to the fact that most people tend to get a little lazy with the canister and not perform maintenance as often as they should and that becomes a bigger problem with the canister over the sumps. Sumps are usually easier to work with so people work on them more often. That's one of the main reasons I recommend sumps over canisters besides the obvious increase in volume and ease of adding other equipment that doesn't have to hang off the tank.

lylbxplaya4lyfe

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
If your going canister and not running a sump i would get a hydor inline heater so that its not in the back of the tank .. You hook it up to the output of flow of the fluval g6

so what other gadgets will be needed if I run canister filtration? protein skimmer plus hob refugium?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: