btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
I have been using neptune systems aqua controller jr for about 2 years and it was one of the best investments I have made for my tank. In the next month or so I am going to be upgrading to the apex controller that they make. I will be able to do so much more ex: control via smartphone / led dimming / vortech control an alot more.
I haven't had any glitches and they are fairly simple to use.

BobNY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
They are both good. The main reason I went with the Neptune Apex over the Reefkeeper is the Neptune has network built in rather than an option. I can monitor and control from my PC or smart phone. With the ReefKeeper you have to purchace a net module which is $100.00. With that you can only monitor your system, not control.
Also Neptune has amazing customer service. I had a problem when I first got it and sent an email late on a Sunday night. I got an answer back in like 5 minutes.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
they are both good. The main reason i went with the neptune apex over the reefkeeper is the neptune has network built in rather than an option. I can monitor and control from my pc or smart phone. With the reefkeeper you have to purchace a net module which is $100.00. With that you can only monitor your system, not control.
Also neptune has amazing customer service. I had a problem when i first got it and sent an email late on a sunday night. I got an answer back in like 5 minutes.

+1,000,000

cybermeez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
I have an AC3. I never could get the Ethernet connection to work and it wasn't wireless. Still, even though the unit interface is a pain, I can access any of my reef's data through it. It looks like the Apex is also not wireless. Can anyone confirm that for me?

I vote for the Neptune Apex! I have mine run almost everything on my tank, I love you can use it to control Vortechs and the network feature is definitely one that I take advantage of all the time. I just whip out my phone when it's time to feed and it slows down my Vortechs. I'm also building an auto water change system, like the Genesis Reef unit, that will be possible by using the Apex.

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I have been running my reefkeeper for 2 years now with no issues. Have 3 pc4 and a sl1 connected. Never have had any issues. Why change if it aint broke. I would totally buy a apex next time around. Maybe for next Christmas when I upgrade

Ziggy

PADI Instructor
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
they are both good. The main reason i went with the neptune apex over the reefkeeper is the neptune has network built in rather than an option. I can monitor and control from my pc or smart phone. With the reefkeeper you have to purchace a net module which is $100.00. With that you can only monitor your system, not control.
Also neptune has amazing customer service. I had a problem when i first got it and sent an email late on a sunday night. I got an answer back in like 5 minutes.

+1

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: