2reefs

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I am interested inthe 120 w LED that are selling on ebay. I came accross the one below.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120-Watt-Aq...903?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6a0a2627

Sent an e-mail to the seller and he stated that they are actually running the light at full capacity of 3 watt per led. Is anyone familiar with this seller. Aslo they have their own website aquariumleds.com.

Here are the specs for the light and his answer.

Hi there
They are true 3W leds and they run at their normal capacity so their lifespan is about 50,000 hours. Some sellers sell 2W even 1W leds and turn up the watts on them which would cause them to burn out sooner.
For a 6 foot tank you would need 3 units if you plan on growing hard corals.

Thanks
Paul

- zero-pulse
Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply
s.gif
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e1105...&redirect=0&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1159

Product Description

• Uses Bridge Lux Bulbs (14K Leds)
  • 40 x 3 Watt unit.

• [*]1 Cord controls the White LEDs and 1 Cord controls the blue LEDs (2 power cord system)
    [*]Strong all black outer casing.

[*]Powerful 120W LED Aquarium Light can replace

250W Metal Halide Lamp, save 50% on
    electricity bills

[*]Lifetime : The high power 3w LED convert electric energy into light directly, there is no

filament to break on led, so they could be more durable and nearly no maintenance, you
    don?t need to replace the bulbs frequently like MH/Fluorescent.

[*]Use built-in switching mode 97% efficiency power supply, no need heavy ballast as MH

and fluorescent which will inefficient and burnout finally.

[*]LED is cold lighting LED lights which run much cooler than standard florescent and

metal halides and 3 built-in cooling fans help cool down the lamp very well, you don?t need to
    buy additional expensive cooling system.

[*]LED?s light is downwards directly and wide beam angle help confirm uniform coverage,

you don?t need to buy additional bulky reflector like MH.

[*]White&Blue combined in one unit, no need additional T5/T8 for actinium blue supplement.

[*]Powerful 3w led could penetrate deep into the tank bottom

[*]Easy to install and use, plug into the electric outlet(120/230Vac) directly, no set-up

required, Plug-and-play.

[*]Super Low Power Consumption

[*]Low Heat Displacement

[*]CE and RoHS compliance

[*]High efficiency, save energy, minimal maintenance cost

[*]1 year warranty
Our LED Grow lights are the most efficient units out on the market! The LED Grow lights will provide better results than MH and HPS HID lights at a fraction of the energy. These work on soil or hydroponic methods of growing within any indoor environment. These lights will pay for themselves, as your electric bills will drop by 70% - 80% compared to HID lights!
Technical Specs

• Input voltage 120/230VAC
  • Power 120W
  • LED Qty 40pcs
  • LED Type 3W/pcs
  • LED brand Semi/Bridgelux
  • LED beam angle 120/90/60 degree Mix
  • LED working current 300-350mA
  • LED working voltage 3V-3.8V
  • LED Life time 50000hrs
  • Color White&Blue (1:1)
  • LED Intensity >240Lm
  • Wavelength/Kelvin W: 14000K, B: 460nm
  • PF 0.97
  • IP IP50
  • Working environmental temperature -20 ~ +50degress
  • 2" depth - 1537 Par
  • PAR reading 12" depth - 423 Par
  • 24" depth - 182 Par
  • Coverage 7 Square Feet
  • Equal to MH light 250W
  • Dimension 400X213X71(unit: mm)
  • Packing size 450x260x123 (unit: mm)
  • Weight N.W 4.5kg /G.W 5k

Specifications:

• Volt: 120V (Standard US sockets)
  • Lumens: 9520Lm

Warranty Information

1 Year Warranty

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I have two that look just like these and so far so good. I bought them to replace the T5 heat transfer and to use until I can get a better quality. Acan or AI.
I have two on a 75 and Im growing SPS, LPS and a BTA with no problems. Havent done any par readings but I started moving around my SPS to see how far down I can still achieve good growth.
MY BTA tentacles have really tapered out and lengthened under this lighting.
You have to re-acclimate all y0our corals when you switch over and I have burned new corals by not adjusting to a longer lighting acclimation period.
They are basic off/on LEDs so you will not be able to imitate certain esoteric solar or lunar cycles, like a cloudy day or a full moon. Or an overcast day immediately preceding a summer squall with offshore winds on a neap tide during a blue moon month.
But one has to make accommodations.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 5,394
Last edited:

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Thank you,

Not sure of the specific color temp but the LEDs are blue and white 50/50.

They are both 120 W and the cases look just like the ones in the earlier post.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006JUOBPA/?tag=reefs04-20

There are a lot of different cheap LEDs made in China so you have to watch out what you get. When i upgrade the lights I will retire these for backups or made run a fuge with one.
There is a variant of these in Village Aquarium that is mounted over their tanks. If you are ever out in Long Island it would be worth it to check them out. They sell them also.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
TaoTronics LEDGrow Light For Indoor Plant/Aquarium Coral Reef Tank White Blue LED Grow Light 120W Black

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005INXMOA/?tag=reefs04-20

I will be giving a review of this soon. First impressions, then timeline a month of pictures of growth.

Especially since I can do this against my AI SOL.

This will actually be nice to compare growth. I can place the same type of coral under each and see effects.

2reefs

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
So finally idecided to move on with getting the LED. So here is what I ended up getting:

2 Cree LED 60 Watt with 90 degree lenses
1 Plain Jade Chinese 120 W 90 degree led angles 3 watt running at 2 watts pendant 50/50 with dimmer to control the blue and the white.

Both where very well amde. I am leaning more toward the 120 watt just for the fact that I need only 3 units vs the cree I would need 4 units.

i will be starting a tank build thread soon and will post pictures.

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 1,319
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,310
  • Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 1,308

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
Any feedback yet?

when I factor in cost of electricity and bulbs, the led fixtures can pay for themselves in 2 years, assuming I buy reasonable fixtures and not the $700 type.

TaoTronics LEDGrow Light For Indoor Plant/Aquarium Coral Reef Tank White Blue LED Grow Light 120W Black

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005INXMOA/?tag=reefs04-20

I will be giving a review of this soon. First impressions, then timeline a month of pictures of growth.

Especially since I can do this against my AI SOL.

This will actually be nice to compare growth. I can place the same type of coral under each and see effects.

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
There is a huge thread on the web about these black box LEDs from China. I forgot the name of the website that had it but there was a lot of first hand experience and many different models are being experimented with.

When people first started using LEDs many reefers knew the prices would be coming down once they gain more acceptance. I feel this is happening right now, but only if you want to do a lot of research and take a gamble with an offshore product that is not supported.

The LEDs you get in your LFS may have controllers and will most likely cost much more, but they are also much better supported and I think it comes down to that.

Ultimately you get what you pay for.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: