Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Never owned Radios but I ordered two AI Vega Color units (will be delivered tomorrow). One of my friends own Radios so maybe I'll bring my units to his house and compare with a PAR meter and maybe take an HD video. Hope this helps as far as spectrum a/o coloration. Can speak about growth since that would take time.

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Sanman how do you like your Vegas?

Hi there, I received them on Tuesday and Premium Aquatics forgot to send the wireless controller so I only got to play with them on Demo mode. They are very bright and I held one unit (bought two) over my 110 gallon tank at about 10 inches from the water level and it seems to cover the entire tank. Not sure about PAR readings yet. The shimmer is insane though, very nice!!I will get the controller tomorrow and will start the installation in the canopy hopefully by Friday. I will post photos then. The red and green looks wierd, but then again I haven't tweaked it as far as percentages, etc.. Hope this helps.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
How many ecotech or fathomS do you guys think I need for a 150 gallon cube- 36x36x27 d

4 from what i've seen with the raidions. I never actually saw a fathom in person yet...........OR one 400w halide in a luminarc type reflector with T5 or LED strip perimeter !!!!!

Rating - 95.9%
70   3   0
I just want to add that I updated radions and downloaded ecosmart live. I was told by ecotech to select the radiant color graph which is already preset with a 3 hour lunar cycle. I have never loved my radions more, both color and growth has been better than ever. I hear good things about the Vegas also. Hope this helps anyone with radions.

jawwad2004

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I just want to add that I updated radions and downloaded ecosmart live. I was told by ecotech to select the radiant color graph which is already preset with a 3 hour lunar cycle. I have never loved my radions more, both color and growth has been better than ever. I hear good things about the Vegas also. Hope this helps anyone with radions.

Wow they finally added a lunar cycle?! Checking it out now!

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
To get really good coverage tank wall to tank wall you would need 2 Radions --they cover a 24" x 24" area really well. You would need at least 3 Fathom's to do the same ---I have both and both are quality lights though I wouldn't say they are equivalent lights and which is best for you depends on your system, and your aesthetic sense more than anything else.

LowezAkar24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 94.6%
35   2   0
To get really good coverage tank wall to tank wall you would need 2 Radions --they cover a 24" x 24" area really well. You would need at least 3 Fathom's to do the same ---I have both and both are quality lights though I wouldn't say they are equivalent lights and which is best for you depends on your system, and your aesthetic sense more than anything else.

Just a quick question, was the FathomLed team allowed to custom mount (i.e. suspend/hang/etc) or were they forced to use tank mounts? In addition, are both tanks the same dimensions?

Last edited:

Frank@Wall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
if you want to make your own opinion come see my tank and you will see first hand. I have a 10ft tank lit by 4 radions on one half and 4 ai's on the other. There is a considerable diference but i dont want to start an all out debate. However, without putting them side by side and giving them a month to really compare how are people giving educated answers ? Answer - they arent. I can give you an un bias opinion saying that the radion hands down is a beter unit for the following reason. Light spread is much better, the whites give a much crisper brighter look(people coming from mh will know exactly what i am talking about), shimmer lines much better, program is incredible, and last but def not least my corals look bettter. Do i feel they are worth the money they are asking......no but they are good....very good. And did i mention i ordered four more radions.

Ask me how much better everything look with the superactinic vho's on as well....:splitspin well that my friends is a whole other discussion.

+1

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I've owned the AI Nano and Sol Blue, and now I own the Radion. Hands down the Radion is better. Controllability, colors, LED placement.. All better.

I'm not saying the AI's are bad, either.

viplok

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I've owned the AI Nano and Sol Blue, and now I own the Radion. Hands down the Radion is better. Controllability, colors, LED placement.. All better.

I'm not saying the AI's are bad, either.

what intensity you start at? i just got my hand on a radion as well and have a solana so i am riding along=] i am switching from the sol. hopefully i can see positive growth =]

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
what intensity you start at? i just got my hand on a radion as well and have a solana so i am riding along=] i am switching from the sol. hopefully i can see positive growth =]

I went to the Ecotech forum and downloaded Jon C's graph. It's an excellent graph that highlights the different spectrums and looks outstanding. I don't remember the exact intensities but my corals are loving it and so am I.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: