Paolissimo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I would like to invest in an Apex controller, I don't need the display,because the controller would be connected to my wired network. I would like 1 energy bar 8, PH, Temp and Salinity probe.
Regarding the probes, do you guys buy/reccoment standar probes or lab grade probes. How are the BRS probes?
What else do you guys think I should get? I honestly don't understand ORP, so the probe wouldn't do me any good. Are there probes for Nitrate, Phosphate that can be used with the Apex?

Thanks

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Depends on what you want to do with it.

I agree with Ming, the standard probes are fine. Most everything can be done with the basic setup, since you have PH and Temp on it. If you want to add more probes you need more modules.

I am going to be investing eventually in a PM2 module which will give ability for salinity probe.

If you want to do float swtiches and such for ATO like items, then you need a break out box. You can make your own, but easier to just buy from them.

I also got a PM1 module which gives me another temp probe that I will be using for my QT.

Coral Theory

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
+1 to ming and thirty5

Standard probes are fine. But I think that if you buy the pieces individually without the display unit it will most probably cost you more overall.

The conductivity probe will require the PM2.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: