Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Any recommendation on inexpensive bulbs? Id like a 14k look, also how would i mount them? I have a beam i could run them across

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I decided to do 3 of the Kessil A150s they're 30 watts each so 90 watts of power and should be sufficient to cover my 72 x 24 x 24 tank while also not breaking the bank.

I will probably run my ATI light for now though until it is time to change bulbs then sell it. Sure a small section may not get a lot of light, but that is okay for now.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Sweet post up pics , im going to upgrade to leds sometime soon and kessils are my #1 choice

Probably won't have the leds until around November I'd say. Going to use the ATI for as long as I can, gosh I love this light!

To my understanding a single kessil covers a 24 x 24 x 24 area hence 3 of them "Should" be enough light.

As you noted this is a fowlr so I don't really need anything too powerful, just enough to light it up and not cast any shadows or leave dark areas.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: