Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Any recommendations for a 72 x 24 x 24 fowlr? Trying to be energy efficient on my build. I have an ati 6 x 54 watt fixtuee i could use but its only 48"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
With that light fixture can you hang it and put at least 4 10,000k with two blue plus. Might gave you enough lighting for fowler. Reason to hang it will spread the length since only 48 inch. Other than that the brightness you can control by bulbs you put in fixture. If placing on top of tank you will have dark shadows at ends of each side.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I'll see i guess since the vega is coming out what the sol will drop to in price.

The ati would work since i have a single overflow on the left side of the tank. I'm thinking leds though so i dont have to replace bulbs.

Guess ill be selling my ati.after.all

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Try not to complicate things and make things more expensive then what they need to be. You dont need strong lighting like what comes from ai and you dont need extreme flow like what comes from a mp60. You dont need a deep sand bed or a calcium reactor. All you need is fish some steady flow and light to make it enjoyable to view :)

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Try not to complicate things and make things more expensive then what they need to be. You dont need strong lighting like what comes from ai and you dont need extreme flow like what comes from a mp60. You dont need a deep sand bed or a calcium reactor. All you need is fish some steady flow and light to make it enjoyable to view :)

Amen

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
You don't need to go crazy but there is still the issue of "you get what you pay for". Good LEDs that will last at least close to their advertised life expectancy will cost more up front but will cost far less over time. It really doesn't matter for a FOWLR unless you want to keep the rocks looking good along with the fish. Otherwise it's just what makes the fish look good. If you're handy, you could gut the ATI unit and spread the bulb units out so you have 3 touching each end in the canopy. Would be the least expensive option since you already have all the parts right there.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
You don't need to go crazy but there is still the issue of "you get what you pay for". Good LEDs that will last at least close to their advertised life expectancy will cost more up front but will cost far less over time. It really doesn't matter for a FOWLR unless you want to keep the rocks looking good along with the fish. Otherwise it's just what makes the fish look good. If you're handy, you could gut the ATI unit and spread the bulb units out so you have 3 touching each end in the canopy. Would be the least expensive option since you already have all the parts right there.

Seriously gut the ati?

Ill look into the marineland led

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
You need to consider if you are going to stay fowlr before you buy the light, so you only buy once. 2 ai on that tank for fowlr would be fine. then, WHEN, you add corals you could just add more units.

i would use the ati for now, save cash flow for some other stuff you will need

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Good call my friend, i honestly dont forsee buying corals. I'll throw the ones i have in now, but theyre just zoas

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: