james1990

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
OK happy ending to this story

I took it all part AGAIN. This time I inspected each part and found the smallest hair fracture on the silver needle part of the impeller. It seems impossible to think that would cause an issue but I super glued it anyway.

Then I put it all together again and put it in a bucket of vinegar and let it run for 10 minutes to remove any salt, and oils. There was no algae as the skimmer was sold to me perfectly clean (thanks hector)

there was some hard salt or whatever crusted up in the crevasse of the air intake.

After it ran in vinegar I put on my bio hazard gloves and threw it back in.

2 days later last night it started producing foam again. Pulling skimmate by this am.

IN CONCLUSION: I don't know which variable that I messed with fixed the issue but to anyone having this issue with a NAC6, I suggest soaking the (for lack of a better term) *water intake/air intake* piece with the airline tube in vinegar and scrubbing it good. And be careful not to get hand oils on the pieces.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: