NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
it has helped reduce organics which has helped in reducing your cyano problem

marek i was a beta tester for the skimz line, i had gotten the sm-202 recirc and absolutely loved it, but was just too much skimmer for my tank, dont remember what pump comes on the swc

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I will be running a 180g w 75g sump and these are the 3 I've narrowed it down to:

Skimz SM201 Monzter E-Series JNS SK3 ATB 840 v2

Hope this helps! I am seriously leaning towards the skimz, the ATB is almost $200 more and idk if I can justify that.

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
When looking at skimmers you will see a rating system that has no real relationship to another manufactures rating.
Some manufacturers will rate based on light medium and heavy stocking. Some rate based on gallons. It is all discretionary and highly controversial.

Also a skimmer cannot remove nitrates or phosphates from the water. It can remove something the nitrate or phosphate is bonded to but it cannot simply lower the presence of either of those two.
What will work much better is developing a bio load that will consume nitrate and phosphate, or limiting the amount you put into the tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: