• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
Ati Lighting has been promoting their Led T5 Powermodule since May, And 8 months later they still don't have the slightest idea of a release date. I've been holding off for too long now and need a new Light fixture and have given up. I bought 2 Reefbright 48" led Strips that are still new in the cylinder they come in which i was going to sell after hearing about Ati's T5 LED combo, But i'm at the point that if i can buy a good T5 ( and i mean not a so so light fixture)Light fixture I will just add the reef brights and call it a day. Also i would like to thank ATI Lighting for being as smart as to stopping production of the powermodule which is hard to find new now without giving their customers something to replace that product with.
Can you please recommend a T5 Light fixture worth buying.
I'm looking at this LED t5 fixture

Sfiligoi Genesis T5 120 LED Lighting

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/sfiligoi-genesis-t5-120-led-lighting

If i buy this fixture i will sell the reef brights

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
There are tons of companies who do this, unfortunately. AI with their Vega and Nano fixtures, the Vertex controllers, Ecotech's firmware updates for the Radion, Certain probes and modules for the RK Elite, Etc etc. ATI makes incredible light fixtures, though. You have to give them that. I'm sure the fixture will be worth the wait.

They stopped making the Powermodule because there was only a slight performance increase compared to the sunpower, and apparently people buy the sunpower much more than the Powermodule.

If I were you, I'd buy a Dimmable Sunpower and add those Reefbrites to it. That will be a nice fixture. MUCH cheaper than that Sfiligoi as well. ..I just clicked the link.... $2500 for a 4ft fixture?!

Last edited:

Jaftica

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
The ATI Sunpower with the dimmable ballast is a nice light at an affordable price, the fixture has only 1 power cord and has a built in digital controller, it makes light acclimating a breeze as you can adjust the min/max output, the dusk dawn is really nice as well, you won't be disappointed in the light.

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
The ATI Sunpower with the dimmable ballast is a nice light at an affordable price, the fixture has only 1 power cord and has a built in digital controller, it makes light acclimating a breeze as you can adjust the min/max output, the dusk dawn is really nice as well, you won't be disappointed in the light.
Yeah, But to make matters worse the Ati T5/Led Powermodule will cost twice as much as the regular Powermodule.
Estimated Retail price of the 48" 8x bulbs is 1800.00

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I'm sure it's expensive getting the LEDs to work well with the T5s. Heat management, ballasts, etc.

Plus, you were willing to drop $2500 on the Sfiligoi Genesis Fixture. Why not $1800 on the ATI?

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
If they come back with a price like that i hope they lose all there loyal customers. That is F-ing ridiculous. To be stating this fixture would be available in august and already be selling abroad and not know when its getting here is unacceptable.

I am so pissed right now.

Last edited:

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
I'm sure it's expensive getting the LEDs to work well with the T5s. Heat management, ballasts, etc.

Plus, you were willing to drop $2500 on the Sfiligoi Genesis Fixture. Why not $1800 on the ATI?
Let me ask you a question. If tek goes and puts LED in there fixture do you think they can charge 2500.00 too.....
I'm not going to spend that kind of money on a fixture unless i know its worth it. To add 3 75w clusters on the same fixture and a controller and raise the price 150% don't seem right to me, (that is if its really 2300.00) I have 3 friends with Sfiligoi fixture and they love it.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
:lol2: Tek isn't even in the same league as ATI. It's not a bad fixture, but the ATIs are much better. The Sfilogoi units are good, but they're not leaps and bounds ahead of ATI.

They are good fixtures, but they got their good name from their halides. Not T5 IMO... even if theyre better than ATI (how exactly, by the way?) ...I wouldn't pay $2500 for one, no matter how deep my pockets are.

If you want to buy the sfilogoi (or however the hell you spell it) - go for it. No one is making you wait and "pay so much" for it. There are tons of products out there I don't like. I just don't make threads about how unhappy I am with them.

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
:lol2: Tek isn't even in the same league as ATI. It's not a bad fixture, but the ATIs are much better. The Sfilogoi units are good, but they're not leaps and bounds ahead of ATI.

They are good fixtures, but they got their good name from their halides. Not T5 IMO... even if theyre better than ATI (how exactly, by the way?) ...I wouldn't pay $2500 for one, no matter how deep my pockets are.

If you want to buy the sfilogoi (or however the hell you spell it) - go for it. No one is making you wait and "pay so much" for it. There are tons of products out there I don't like. I just don't make threads about how unhappy I am with them.
So if you have a problem with that then don't waste you time posting on my thread. I'm sure you got better things to do.

THANK YOU!

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I wouldn't buy either. A lot of money to be a guinea pig for the ATI hybrid.

Sfigoli is known for their MH/t5

If you want a top of the line t5, go with an ATI. The normal Tek isn't even in the same class. The Tek elite is close, but doesn't cool as efficiently.

My choice would be a Dimmable ATI t5 with a blue Reefbrite on it.

The colors of the t5 as it ramps is unmatched.

Jaftica

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
i wouldn't buy either. A lot of money to be a guinea pig for the ati hybrid.

Sfigoli is known for their mh/t5

if you want a top of the line t5, go with an ati. The normal tek isn't even in the same class. The tek elite is close, but doesn't cool as efficiently.

My choice would be a dimmable ati t5 with a blue reefbrite on it.

+1

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
I agree totally with this comment, But being a MH lover i really miss the shimmer, So i figured why not have the best of both worlds. Awesome T5's and led will give me back the MH Shimmer. But Ati is playing too many games with leading people on with there info.
I wouldn't buy either. A lot of money to be a guinea pig for the ATI hybrid.

Sfigoli is known for their MH/t5

If you want a top of the line t5, go with an ATI. The normal Tek isn't even in the same class. The Tek elite is close, but doesn't cool as efficiently.

My choice would be a Dimmable ATI t5 with a blue Reefbrite on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: