Not open for further replies.

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
Ati LED Powermodule update.

More delays..... Just received this email from ATI
But at least its not there fault.

Unfortunately the shipment has held by US customs. Our distributors customs agent is working hard to get the product released and they will get it out to our dealers as soon as possible, but unfortunately they are the mercy of the US government.

Customer Care @ ATI North America

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
And the disappointment Continues. This company is incredible. Still No Ati Led. On their site they post this:

Clear Choice Distribution Announces the US Debut of the ATI LED Powermodule FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Torrance, CA -- February 25, 2013 -- Clear Choice Distribution, US-based distributor of premium aquarium supplies, announced today that the 24W, 39W, and 54W models of the ATI LED Powermodule lighting fixture will begin shipping on March 1, 2013 to retailers in the 48 contiguous United States.

Then it's early March.
Now it's
"Unfortunately the shipment has held by US customs. Our distributors customs agent is working hard to get the product released and they will get it out to our dealers as soon as possible, but unfortunately they are the mercy of the US government."

So why post this if you don't even have the fixtures readily available

Clear Choice Distribution Announces the US Debut of the ATI LED Powermodule FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE.

And This:

ATI LED Powermodule lighting fixture will begin shipping on March 1, 2013 to retailers in the 48 contiguous United States.

Omg: where are these fixtures coming from, Columbia.

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
Omg This company can be so frustrating with all the Bull $--T and excuses they give. Their fixtures are in customs for over a month, Finally once customs release the fixtures they claim on a Wednesday the fixtures will start shipping next week. two weeks go by then their distributor tells me within the next two weeks.. This most be the 7th time i hear the next two weeks, At this point i'm furious. I start emailing Ati while copying Clear Choice Distribution and ask what is going on. Now they tell me that they're waiting on packaging. That their fixtures come with no packaging and that there waiting for the packaging to arrive. I'm like are you freaking kidding me. These damn fixtures have been in customs for over a month and let me add that it's already almost six weeks since you claimed Clear Choice Distribution was ready for immediate distribution of the fixtures. What, Is the packaging also going through customs? Now they tell me that once the fixtures arrived that they need a physical fixture to have the custom made packaging for the lights. These lights have been selling already abroad for some months now and your telling me you could not receive i fixture or some kind of template in advance to start the packaging, waiting over a month for the fixtures to arrive and still post a date for immediate distribution. Oh what frustration. By now i would of gone with the sfiligoi genesis led t5 fixture, but searching the web i can't even find where to buy it, and if i can't find who sell it i could only imagine how difficult it would be to get customer service so i'm pretty much stuck now.

jademan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Fathom very nice .I have 3 ai's sol blue with control mod that I am going to sell just to get the fathom lights very impressive lights .colors are amazing on the Corals.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Omg This company can be so frustrating with all the Bull $--T and excuses they give. Their fixtures are in customs for over a month, Finally once customs release the fixtures they claim on a Wednesday the fixtures will start shipping next week. two weeks go by then their distributor tells me within the next two weeks.. This most be the 7th time i hear the next two weeks, At this point i'm furious. I start emailing Ati while copying Clear Choice Distribution and ask what is going on. Now they tell me that they're waiting on packaging. That their fixtures come with no packaging and that there waiting for the packaging to arrive. I'm like are you freaking kidding me. These damn fixtures have been in customs for over a month and let me add that it's already almost six weeks since you claimed Clear Choice Distribution was ready for immediate distribution of the fixtures. What, Is the packaging also going through customs? Now they tell me that once the fixtures arrived that they need a physical fixture to have the custom made packaging for the lights. These lights have been selling already abroad for some months now and your telling me you could not receive i fixture or some kind of template in advance to start the packaging, waiting over a month for the fixtures to arrive and still post a date for immediate distribution. Oh what frustration. By now i would of gone with the sfiligoi genesis led t5 fixture, but searching the web i can't even find where to buy it, and if i can't find who sell it i could only imagine how difficult it would be to get customer service so i'm pretty much stuck now.

That makes absolutely no sense. No wonder they cost so much if they are shipping packaging separately and then having them repackaged domestically. You are paying for double packaging and repackaging. Also doesn't sound very eco-friendly.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
For a fraction of the price I'd probably go with something like this:

t5led3.jpg

t5led2.jpg

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
Did you already pay for this fixture? sorry to hear man.
I pre-ordered.

jademan Fathom very nice .I have 3 ai's sol blue with control mod that I am going to sell just to get the fathom lights very impressive lights .colors are amazing on the Corals.
I'll look into them.

jackson6745 Really sucks Dave. I think the annoying wait will be worth it though.
Rich, at this point the stress factor is out weighing the product. Mainly because i sold my exsisting light fixture when they posted the release distribution date and have not given the light fixture to the guy yet. Luckily he's my friend and is letting me hold on to it. But he really needs it as well as he has corals in the tank.

Cmantis That makes absolutely no sense. No wonder they cost so much if they are shipping packaging separately and then having them repackaged domestically. You are paying for double packaging and repackaging. Also doesn't sound very eco-friendly.
I totally agree, Very poor planning on their part.

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
Mods. I would like to close this thread because after waiting so long I have to say that this fixture is definitely the best fixture I've ever owned do to programmability, incorporation of T5 and Led in one fixture, and look. It's a very attractive looking fixture without having additional products hanging to supplement Led to the fixture taking away from the fixtures appearance.

I'm very happy with the fixture itself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: