Clink51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
new tank setup with a 1.5" drain that modifies to a 1" drain. return is 3/4"

I am looking into the Jabao DC 6000. i'd like to add a manifold for Carbon and GFO. Would that be enough, to much, or not even close to enough?

thanks all

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
IME, these pumps lose a lot of rated flow with any kind of head pressure.
I was running the larger Reef Octopus 1st gen Bio-Pellet reactor for a long time with a Mag7 pump. When refilled with 1500 ml of pellet, the Mag7 didn't quite tumble the pellets well so I bought a DCT 6000. It's better then the Mag7 but I definitely would not say that it's pushing anywhere near 1500 gph.
So basically what I'm saying is: go with slightly larger like a DCT 8000 especially if your going to manifold the output.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
i have the older version DC 9000 from jebao, just setting up the tank and loving it. I definitely dont think it puts out the GPH that it says it does, but im happy with what it does. I am able to run it at full speed which claims to be around 2400 gph and i have the same drain that you described, 1.5" pvc becoming 1" to get through the bulkhead. My return line is a full 1" though. I would definitely say the bigger the better though. Leaves more room for expanding off with manifolds and you can always dial the pump back and use a ball valve as well.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: