cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
hard PVC glue/cement, on flexible hose is not a good idea. Glue a piece of pipe into bulkhead and clamp the hose onto it. The end of the hose will no likey cleaner, or primer, of cement. At least not any bulkhead hoses i'v seen.

Take a look at the link he provided its not spa flex there is a plastic tip on the end that could be glued. Normally I would suggest as others have to glue a piece of pvc into the bulkhead then slide/clamp the spa flex over it. However with this setup it is meant to go inside the bulkhead. The glue will actually act as a lubricant of sorts and will still hold securely even if some gets pushed up inside the bulkhead. As stated bulkheads to dissolve a bit with pvc cleaner but isn't a problem if you use glue all the way around.

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Take a look at the link he provided its not spa flex there is a plastic tip on the end that could be glued. Normally I would suggest as others have to glue a piece of pvc into the bulkhead then slide/clamp the spa flex over it. However with this setup it is meant to go inside the bulkhead. The glue will actually act as a lubricant of sorts and will still hold securely even if some gets pushed up inside the bulkhead. As stated bulkheads to dissolve a bit with pvc cleaner but isn't a problem if you use glue all the way around.

Spa flex should not be primed. and is not designed to be clamped. Should be cleaned and glued to be done right.

Have used the CPR type hose OP posted. Unless it's recently changed, i wouldn't glue it. It would clamp nicely over a short piece of 1" pipe you can glue into the bulkhead

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: