Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2019, 01:00 AM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Question Reef Octopus Regal 200sss Protein Skimmer

I think I've got it dialed in, but wanted confirmation. This is 3 days of skimmate.

Thanks in advanced,
Willie
Attached Thumbnails

Old 01-11-2019, 10:35 AM
Reefer Ratings: (93 (100%)
Send a Private Message
looks good to me
Old 01-11-2019, 11:17 AM
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynreefers View Post
looks good to me
thanks! I thought it might be a little dark, but the consistent bubbles coming out over the cup seemed good to me.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:48 PM
Reefer Ratings: (58 (98%)
Friends: (2)
Send a Private Message
Great skimmer

You can adjust the skimmer to skim as wet or dry as you’d like. I let mine skim a bit wet obviously it can be adjusted by turning the pump up or down and by adjusting the flow via the big red handle on the skimmer itself. I have also found the amount of flow going past the intake will affect how it performs. I use the hose attached to the collection cup and have it drain into a specimen container that hangs INSIDE my sump to make getting rid of skimate easier. I clean the neck and collection cup weekly. I’ve take the skimmer completely apart about every 6 months to thoroughly clean it.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:16 PM
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by STRIPERVIPER View Post
You can adjust the skimmer to skim as wet or dry as you’d like. I let mine skim a bit wet obviously it can be adjusted by turning the pump up or down and by adjusting the flow via the big red handle on the skimmer itself. I have also found the amount of flow going past the intake will affect how it performs. I use the hose attached to the collection cup and have it drain into a specimen container that hangs INSIDE my sump to make getting rid of skimate easier. I clean the neck and collection cup weekly. I’ve take the skimmer completely apart about every 6 months to thoroughly clean it.
awesome thanks for the low down. I'm going to run it a little wetter I think. Ideally I'd like a nice full cupful once a week.