willienelson

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I've got it dialed in, but wanted confirmation. This is 3 days of skimmate.

Thanks in advanced,
Willie

Attachments

• skimmate.jpg
    skimmate.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 231

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Great skimmer

You can adjust the skimmer to skim as wet or dry as you?d like. I let mine skim a bit wet obviously it can be adjusted by turning the pump up or down and by adjusting the flow via the big red handle on the skimmer itself. I have also found the amount of flow going past the intake will affect how it performs. I use the hose attached to the collection cup and have it drain into a specimen container that hangs INSIDE my sump to make getting rid of skimate easier. I clean the neck and collection cup weekly. I?ve take the skimmer completely apart about every 6 months to thoroughly clean it.

willienelson

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can adjust the skimmer to skim as wet or dry as you?d like. I let mine skim a bit wet obviously it can be adjusted by turning the pump up or down and by adjusting the flow via the big red handle on the skimmer itself. I have also found the amount of flow going past the intake will affect how it performs. I use the hose attached to the collection cup and have it drain into a specimen container that hangs INSIDE my sump to make getting rid of skimate easier. I clean the neck and collection cup weekly. I?ve take the skimmer completely apart about every 6 months to thoroughly clean it.

awesome thanks for the low down. I'm going to run it a little wetter I think. Ideally I'd like a nice full cupful once a week.:fish:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: