• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I picked up a used Ehiem 1262 today from another MR member. Looks brand new. It will be going onto my new tank in July, a 65 RR. I'm worried that it might be a little to strong for the tank as I believe the overflow is rated for 600 gallons an hour. Anyone ever use this pump before? It will also have close to 5 feet of head. So I'm thinking that might be enough to compensate for the difference. The pump is rated at 900GPH. Also anyone ever use Hydors pumps? The L series?

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
that pump is fine put a ball vavle and u can control how much pressure it give out am not using that pump but i have one the one i am currently using is the mag 9.5 they r all most the same thing..and i too have 65g tank

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
yeah i use a vavle for every thing on system chiller/return/reactors ect have the own vavles it make it easier to control flow and makes cleaning a breaze i can remove ne thing from my system with out shutting down the tank

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
here's the performance curve...but with elbows...etc....you can figure out what it will be pumping at 5 ft of head..

http://www.marinedepot.com/pumps_eheim_universal_hobby_powerheads_information-ap.html

looks like about 700gph at 5ft...but probably less with a few elbows...rc has a head loss calculator...

You most likely will want to throttle it back just a bit...

you could use a true union ball valve..they turn easier...i like cepex

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: