NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
OK, first off let me Thank Michael Hall of

www.aqua-digital.com
he stayed in contact with me whole time and answered my emails right away.

I was able to do the review of the new Skimz SM202,
I just received it today, waiting around all day for it to come. Box came very well packaged inside and out, outside was bubble wrap protected also. Sorry I do not initially have photo's as I am RC photo challenged :eek:

As I started to open and seeing everything wrapped inside as well, after peeling layers of bubble wrap and cerain wrap off all the piece's and laying them out, I truly was excited.
A little background on me, I use the same screen name on a couple forum's mainly my local one in NY. I have owned a few skimmer's over the last 6 year's, always looking for that skimmer that was just rock solid, I have had 20 something skimmer's. From several models of some companies. ER, ASM, Bermuda, Vertex, E.t.s.s, BK, Das, and several others. I do keep heavy stocked system's, usually SPS Dominated, and I like fish :worried: .
My previous and best skimmer I have used personally on my system was a Vertex IN100 gen 3 powered by an atb mini airstar. And this was a beast on my 80g system. This is a very solid built skimmer, so this will be its judgmental comparison. FYI I did pay for this skimmer, this was not given to me by any means. I wish.
Well the initial build of this is very solid, I like to squeeze the body to see how solid it is. Honestly this is a huge bonus for me. I couldn't concave the body. So after putting it all together and looking at it {Man this thing is sexy} if it performs half as well as it look's I might have a winner. After wiggling it into my sump, {I will be getting a new sump built so I have more room} I am feeding it directly from my bio-pellets reactor. Fired it up and it is dead silent, produce's probably the smallest bubbles I’ve seen from a skimmer, nw , mesh or otherwise. I can't truly tell the performance of it as it has only been running a few hour's, but it definitely looks promising and don’t think I have to worry about whether it will perform as well as my last skimmer.
Once I am able to post some pic's or if someone can help or I can send them to them to post for me I would appreciate it, I will continue to keep this updated as it progress's

Here are the specs.

The Skimz E-Series SM202 Protein Skimmer is the perfect solution to reefers with space constraints, yet wanting an ultra-high performance skimmer. Fitted with Skimz ES5000 needlewheel pumps, the SM202 draws an amazing air intake of 960 litres per hour. Suitable for tanks up to 2,000 litres, the SM202 is a top-of-the-range compact skimmer for advance users.

The SM202 should be provided with water from the aquarium either from a separate pump or gravity feed.

Technical Data:

Skimmer pump: 1 Skimz ES5000 needlewheel
Power consumption: 20W
Air intake: 960 l/h
Method of feeding: Pump or gravity feed
Feed pump: 2,000 l/h

Dimension:

L 276 x W 375 x H 580mm
Feed inlet diameter (mm): 19/27 flexible hose
Return outlet pipe diameter (mm): 50
Skimmer body diameter (mm): 200

For Aquariums:

800 - 2,000 litres

Installation:

Can be installed in-sump or out-sump

Attachments

• skimz skimmer 002.jpg
    skimz skimmer 002.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,274
  • skimz skimmer 006.jpg
    skimz skimmer 006.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 1,185
  • skimz skimmer 008.jpg
    skimz skimmer 008.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1,318
  • skimz skimmer 011.jpg
    skimz skimmer 011.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,251
  • skimz skimmer 012.jpg
    skimz skimmer 012.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,260
  • skimz skimmer 014.jpg
    skimz skimmer 014.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 1,259

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Wow that is a wild looking skimmer! very nice. Looking forward to seeing the overall outcome with it!

And also, you were waitin around all day for it to come? It's 10:20 in the morning! Haha I'm getting my zapper today and I'm not even waiting for it yet because I know it won't be here til at LEAST 2ish lol.then I'll start getting anxious!

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
yeah it will be compared to the vertex i just had as it had been the best performer i had, even though i had a upgraded pump on it. lol yesterday i had waited all day just getting around to writing the review

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Ok just to add to this, after having called the owned and he took the time out ( hour plus ) to listen to me ramble and talk which is a huge bonus for me knowing that i can actually talk to someone if there is a issue or problem ( not why i called ) that i can speak to someone.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
well names arent important for me, and so far this thing is breaking in nicely, i don't even have the air open all the way yet, body is solid white with micro bubbles and forming a nice head, the truth will be told about a month from now when it really is broken in

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
no price on them because they are not released, i am the first to recieve this skimmer states side, i do believe msrp on the model i have is 495 or 595 can't remember. the company has been around a little over a year and has been working bugs out and matching the best NW and pump for the bodies, btw the pump is italian made

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: