Hello everyone.
I?m new to this site. If this thread has been covered before, I apologize.
I?m waiting on my 204 gallon 60 x 28 x 28 fish only tank to be built and shipped to me.
I was wondering how many tangs that i?ll Be able to have on the tank? I?m also wanting to add two angel fish. A Scribbled and a majestic angle. My ideas on tangs are the following. I know that I won?t be able to add them all to the tank. I was curious on how many that I could have safely?
Achilles tang
Yellow tang
Naso tang
Blue hippo tang
Lieutenant tang
Mustard tang
Thompson surgeon.

I?ll have 90 gallon sump with refugium, a 55 watt sterilizer and GFO system.
All positive advice would truly be appreciated.
Thank you.

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Welcome Bruce,

In my opinion you can get them all. Really depends on the size of each fish. Also how much rock work you will have. I would add the majestic first, since they are quite timid and Achilles last.

Good luck, sounds like a nice tank in the making .

Thank you very much. I?m getting a fake rock and coral to cover the back of the aquarium. It?ll be coming down on a slope with a bunch of caves and overhangs. I?m hoping that this will give them all the hiding and swimming space that they need. Do you have any experience or knowledge about emperor angels? I reading and hearing so many mix opinions on there survival rate. Any thoughts?

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Tangs

You can definitely get all the tangs listed in that tank. I agree 100% about adding the Achilles last. Mine goes after everything I add to the tank no matter the species. Add the smallest fish then add larger in a second wave.

Tangs

Thank you very much for the response. I was thinking that I would the tangs in the tank in two waves. Less aggressive first and then the others6 week?s later. I don?t want to buy too many quarantine tanks lol.
Do you think that two or three angels would be ok on there as well? My thoughts are the majestic, scribble and emperor angel

Oh ok.
I definitely will be quaranteeing the fish for roughly 6 weeks and treating them all as well.
I keep reading to put them all in the display tank at the same after qt however I don?t want 7 qt tanks or put some in the same qt tank. I want them to be stress free and eating well before I put them in the display tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: