willienelson

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 4 female lyretail female anthias from liveaquaria about 8 days ago. I bought 3 small and 1 medium sized, assuming the medium would become male to try and help prevent some of the possible infighting for whos male.

I stupidly did not QT the fish. The smallest female in the picture attached -- I will get better images tomorrow when the light is on brighter. She did not have this spot when she came into my DT. She's had it for 4 days now. It hasn't noticeably grown nor improved.

I'm wondering if it is flukes, lympho, uronema, a bacterial infection caused by stress perhaps by another female trying to get her place in the pecking order.

I have not witnessed any white stringy poop, but I can't say that I have seen this particular fish poop. I haven't seen any scratching behavior. here is no heavy breathing. I have seen a blue green chromis chase her and one of the other female lyretails as well.

Generally she is more shy than the other lyretails, she has a nice shadowy spot she likes to hang out in, but shes not there all the time by any means. she will come out into the water column randomly and at feeding time.

Am I being a nervous Nellie?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advanced

Attachments

• lyretail2.jpg
    lyretail2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 241
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 11.18.20 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 11.18.20 PM.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Eating and swimming normally?

I just tried lyretails out from a lfs... the first 3 lasted a few days..the second 3 made it maybe 9 days. They went from totally fine one day, to not eating and hiding the next...and then dead on the next day.

willienelson

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks guys. I'm watching it carefully, and if it gets bigger I'll have to trap him and put in a qt for observation/treatment.

Yeah shes been eating fine. She hasn't been invisible while hiding. it's more that she chills in the shadows while swimming, not tucked away in the rock or anything like that. Will keep you posted.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: