Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2019, 06:07 PM
Reefer Ratings: (2 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Ornate leopard wrasse and Radiant wrasse

I have two beautiful wrasses that eat everything and I mean everything I throw in the tank. Flakes, pellets you name it. Just curious if anyone has any experience with these fish. I really wanted to add some snails and shrimp to the tank but I have a feeling these wrasses would make a costly snack out of them. Any information would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 07-07-2019, 06:13 PM
Reefer Ratings: (41 (100%)
Friends: (5)
Send a Private Message
I had both fish with snails and cleaner shrimp with no issues but each fish is different. I would be more concerned about the radiant then the leopard. Also if you add shrimp make sure you lower them into the rocks with a net rather then just throwing them in since they may think its food.
Old 07-07-2019, 06:33 PM
Send a Private Message
What concerns me so much is I started feeding frozen clams and these two seem highly predatory. They rip chunks of clam out. They are big eaters. Maybe I should try a peppermint shrimp first.
Old 07-07-2019, 08:54 PM
Send a Private Message
Anyone else have any experience with one or both of these fish?
Old 07-07-2019, 08:55 PM
Reefer Ratings: (41 (100%)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquasteve View Post
What concerns me so much is I started feeding frozen clams and these two seem highly predatory. They rip chunks of clam out. They are big eaters. Maybe I should try a peppermint shrimp first.
Peppermints will have less of a chance then cleaners or blood shrimp.
Old 07-08-2019, 07:28 PM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Send a Private Message
Hello, I keep multiple wrasse, including the ones you mentioned, the issue is that hermits, snail, and shrimp are part of their diet.so if you have a clean up crew you may lose a hermit or shrimp here and there. I'm not saying that they will eat all your crew but be prepared to lose some.
Old 07-09-2019, 01:03 PM
Reefer Ratings: (95 (100%)
Send a Private Message
I have a radiant and he could care less about snails, hermit, emerald crabs. He loves pellets.