mk4fan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I prefer cupramine with a hanna copper checker. Cupramine can be removed from rocks, sand but i believe copper power cannot.

Either way nice fowlr!

bklynpapi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.2%
166   3   0
Heuerfan nice tank how does the anemone fair with the angels

Been a while since I tested and updated (long work days ) so I added a little copper this morning came back and tested got

2.64ppm little too much

Redline showed up and looking good

Thanks guys your giving me hope. I’m thinking next weekend I’ll bring my other fish back

Last edited:

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Heuerfan nice tank how does the anemone fair with the angels

Been a while since I tested and updated (long work days ) so I added a little copper this morning came back and tested got

2.64ppm little too much

Thanks guys your giving me hope I’m thinking next weekend I’ll my other fish back
Thanks I don’t have an anemone in this tank.
But I kept anemones with angels before and they ignore them.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0

2.64ppm little too much

Thanks guys your giving me hope I’m thinking next weekend I’ll my other fish back
With Copper Power you can treat at higher level, up to 5.0ppm without any issues. Since you want to make sure it's above 2.50ppm for the whole time it's better to keep it a little higher so it doesn't go under.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Have you ever treated @ 5.0 ppm? :eek: That's double the mfg's recommendation.
Actually I have. That's probably the top of the limit, and I wouldn't recommend to use it on most fish, but 3.0 to 3.25 is usually fine to use it at. Copper Power isn't at hard on fish as other coppers, though some people say that's not as effective as other coppers, then again most of the time you're not even sure if you're treating for ich or something else.

Humblefish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copper power will be next for the last few wrasses added to my tank..
I’ve always used cupramine w great success but they say it can be harsh on wrasses
Fairy/flasher wrasses are a PITA to QT in general. An alternative strategy you can use is to deworm them using Prazipro and then just observe alongside black mollies to watch for Ich, velvet, etc. No copper exposure unless absolutely necessary.

Humblefish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually I have. That's probably the top of the limit, and I wouldn't recommend to use it on most fish, but 3.0 to 3.25 is usually fine to use it at. Copper Power isn't at hard on fish as other coppers, though some people say that's not as effective as other coppers, then again most of the time you're not even sure if you're treating for ich or something else.
The best success and most well tolerated version of copper I've ever used was old school copper sulfate pentahydrate. BUT the fish will metabolize it for the first few days and testing has to be precise since therapeutic range is only 0.20 - 0.25 mg/L.

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
Fairy/flasher wrasses are a PITA to QT in general. An alternative strategy you can use is to deworm them using Prazipro and then just observe alongside black mollies to watch for Ich, velvet, etc. No copper exposure unless absolutely necessary.
This is so true.. i have my 14 tangs, about 10 wrasses and other fish.. all is perfect and it’s such work to qt and so on.
End up buying a bunch and adding them to a 70 qt, deworm and possibly light copper?
these will be last or at least some.. too stressed and don’t want to take much of a risk.
I did the black mollies once and they all died.. I may need to acclimate them smoother (I don’t want to introduce any strains of ich)
Last of them for a very long time.. I may even skip the idea all together loll
Labouti wrasse
Solar wrasse
Leopard wrasse
Exquisite wrasse
Scott’s fairy wrasse Cook Islands
Red scotter fish
Mandarins
Chaotic leopard wrasse
Potter’s wrasse

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
Light (subtherapeutic) copper is a bad idea because that can actually mask symptoms of Ich, velvet, etc.
This is true.. I may have to
Just pray and use copper
Power slowly one month and hope
For The best.. I can’t risk my tangs.. I’m pretty good w copper and only lost the flame to
It..
maybe I’ll start a thread once I get them all and track progress

bklynpapi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.2%
166   3   0
Haven’t updated in a while 2 fish developed Popeye
I took them out and put them in qt to treat with antibiotics haven’t added copper in a while, I’m actually doing Sm water changes daily to main display to feed and keep qt Clean, haven’t seen ich in a while. But now I dealing with popeye in qt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: