Tito

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I forgot to mention....

If you don't wnat to take any chances and insure the survival of the fish - go and buy BioSpira - sized portion for your tank size.

This will instantly cycle your tank. It is Live Biological Bacteria packed in a sizeble proportion based on your tank volume.

Good luck.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
How long has the tank been up?
What are the water parameters specifically?
FW dips are not good if you don't match temp and ph exactly to the water the fish is coming from which is next to impossible when you are dripping the fish.

Instant cycle stuff works but I would only add the stuff if you have a FOWLR tank and I like the NITREX stuff better at least from researching about it. I have never used that stuff in my SW tanks.

Tito

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
How long has the tank been up?
What are the water parameters specifically?
FW dips are not good if you don't match temp and ph exactly to the water the fish is coming from which is next to impossible when you are dripping the fish.

Instant cycle stuff works but I would only add the stuff if you have a FOWLR tank and I like the NITREX stuff better at least from researching about it. I have never used that stuff in my SW tanks.

LOL

STuff....

It's like making love - you'll never really know until you've tried it.

And I can tell you that I've tried BioSpira many times (I'm so ashamed confessing my sins like this) but boy oh boy was that BioSpira good!

It really works.

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
as of right now all my levels are zero, I bout the wate and the tank from the guy on the 16th of december. I have a green chromis and a chalk basslet and a blue damisel. I have a ph of 8.2 and the salt is 1.83. the temp is 76 constant and the tank has some brown algie in it. I have the origional pad when i bought the tnak and when i picked up the water he had his 2 clown fish swimming in it. I have a super skimmer from coralife it is the 65 searies hand on. I also have chemi pure in the tank and a 5 inch sand bed:splitspin

Tito

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I guess your fish are fine then...

all of the water parameters are fine.

Special edit: But....if the fish are still breathing heavy or acting sick - then you may want to consider the Ammonia reading. Ammonia burns the gills of fish making it difficult for the fish to breath.

Last edited:

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
I would like to say that the fish are not breathing heavly any more. I do bleave it was a due to lack of carbon in the water or some aliment that i have no idead but it was taken out when I put the carbon in the water. The chalk basslet I have is doing great he is eating and swimming around with the other 2 fish I have. The are very small fish. I wanted to know if anthing what would be a good fish to move the sand around I had a enginer goby and ti worked wonders for the tank.

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
Thank you for the advice, I had a 180gal. tank with 2 sumps and 2 t5s. I am going to wait a while to add anthing in the tank and keep on chekcing the levels. Do you think it is worth it to buy the master test kit and one thing i have to ask you, I did not have this problem at all with my 180 but I see I have some borwn algie on the sand and glass of the tank. Can you please advise me what to do. I have the light suspended 16" over the tank and the lighting has 2 20 watt bulbs in it. I am using the ro/di for the water changes. :tongue1:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: