DontXtripNfall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Nice ehh? :goldfish2

I google'd my eyes out and could only find 2 articles where similar traits were possessed in maroon clowns.

Attachments

• pmc7 copy.jpg
    pmc7 copy.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 620
  • pmc1 copy.jpg
    pmc1 copy.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 637
  • pmc5 copy.jpg
    pmc5 copy.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 609
  • pmc3 copy.jpg
    pmc3 copy.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 611
  • pmc8 copy.jpg
    pmc8 copy.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 614
  • pmc6 copy.jpg
    pmc6 copy.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 604
  • pmc4 copy.jpg
    pmc4 copy.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 605
  • pmc2 copy.jpg
    pmc2 copy.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 610

DontXtripNfall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
-I'd like to see if it would pair up with a gold stripe maroon and hopefully be able to breed them in the future, but I probably need to have a chat with sanjay about that first.

-I've found postings of an ORA "jigsaw" maroon but it seems like the last that people were talking about them was in 2006. If the ORA guys would talk about it online then a lot more questions could be answered. I know it's common for maroons to be misbarred but this is far from it.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I've seen these "variations" at Petco...$16.99

+1 So have I. If you go into a Petco they usually have a tank with about 20-30 Maroon Clown, which are usually beaten the sh*t out of each other. You'll see many of the same variations in the clowns that your has. Some have extra lines others are missing lines while other have crazy line pattern.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Double that! My big old maroon clown is now is completely battle scarred (presumably from duking it out with my yellow tang, whose fin shapes vary from week to week....) and aside from a small lubbock's wrasse that can stay out of its way, there are no other fish in the tank....doubt I can add any more while its still around....and it looks like it will live forever. At least it stopped attacking my hand every time I cleaned the tank.....

Solace Aquatics LLC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Can someone tell me how price and quality come into play here? If you all remember when I owned NaCl-H2O, I used to sell tricolor acros for 10.00 a piece, did that in anyway lower the quality of the frag? Sorry,just my rant.

Still a great looking specimen julian regardless of where you got it and how much you spent.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: