T

THEDLO

Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
Just ordered 1 block of plankton, 1 block of mysis and 2 blocks of silverside. My fish are going to loveee feeding time soon. Thanks again for sharing Kathy, I had added the website in my favorite from when you first posted this thread

i know who im buming food from jkjk

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Just ordered 1 block of plankton, 1 block of mysis and 2 blocks of silverside. My fish are going to loveee feeding time soon. Thanks again for sharing Kathy, I had added the website in my favorite from when you first posted this thread

Happy to help Fortunato!
Not sure what I like the best ... the pricing, the ease of feeding or the part about not adding all of the 'goo' in the cubed frozen food to my tank.

Just be sure to rinse these items before feeding, I usually do it a couple of times with rodi water as I thaw them out for use :)

skatezen

If You pick it, Flick it!
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I just want to point out for the record that the product Kathy details above is Pacifica plankton (E. pacifica) and not true mysis shrimp (M. relicta). Jehmco offers both and both are excellent products. I personally prefer the plankton, but have successfully used both over the years.

Randy,

Why do you prefer the Pacifica plankton (E. pacifica)?

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Randy,

Why do you prefer the Pacifica plankton (E. pacifica)?

If I may answer in addition to whatever Randy might add...the M relicata is very high in fats and can leave your water feeling/looking 'greasy', even if you rinse it well. For some, it makes the skimmer go nuts.

..so many prefer the E. pacifica instead :)

Funny this thread just bumped back up..just this weekend I cut up the second block (zero freezer burn was I kept it in it's original packaging :)). I lost 2 of the 'bags' I make by returning them to the fridge instead of the freezer..and then forgetting about them. They thawed out in the fridge and didn't smell too good after a while...lol Oops.

gholtmeyer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kathy, thanks for posting. I am going to place an order and split with a couple of local reefers. Everyone is talking about how much the fish love the stuff, but have you or anyone else who is feeding it, noticed how the corals are reacting to it? And if so, do you have mostly lps or sps?

Thanks again.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I thought I would bump this thread as a few folks have asked me about it recently- and I will also make it a 'sticky' on the General Discussion forum so others can find it :)

I also wanted to mention that I have 3 packages of the food left, so I will probably need to reorder again sometime in March or so.
Pretty good - from last June to this March, 3 tanks and I feed fairly heavily.
You cannot beat the prices on this stuff!
:eat:

ari5736

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
On your recommendation I ordered mysis and pacifica krill and it looks like it last me years, which makes me wonder what the expiration date on this stuff is.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I received a PM today from Gary & Sara who do the Podcasts over on Reef Threads.com and they told me that they were going to be highlighting our 'Feeding Without Going Broke' thread as a portion of their newest Podcast (# 23) that just came out..

Go us!! :flower:

I don't know if you've ever listen to them but they have some interesting things on there each week. I let them play in the background while I'm surfing MR :)

Here is a link to where you can find the current Podcast # 23

http://www.reefthreads.com/

Thanks Gary & Sara - keep up the great work!!! :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: