Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Cyclopia is a congenital defect that has been documented in several animals, including humans. A search of Snopes.com will give you a picture of the "cyclops kitten". In humans, cyclopia has been known to be caused by mutations in some of the important genes controlling physical development...not sure if its the HOX gene or not, I don't remember. It has been reported in goats that have grazed on some kind of toxic plant, possibly a Lathyrus species...again, I forget exactly which. Needless to say, cyclopic babies of any species die soon after birth, if they live that far in the first place.

poormansdream

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
In all the time I was SCUBA diving I can honestly say that by far the most terrifying creature in the sea is a pearlfish.

This creature lives it's life in the anus of a sea cucumber. For anyone in the water, the scariest part of this fish is wondering if it knows a sea cucumber by sight or if it finds this anus through trial and error.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearlfish

I would love to throw a couple of those pearl fish in a jacuzzi with my Ex boss... LOL :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: