RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I sold and got rid of most of them. I have the one left which is fully colored up. They prefer Magnificas or Mertens Carpets. They are melanistic in them.

The juvenile fish is so small it can barely eat a whole small size mysis, PE would be about half his size.

Its wierd the juvis of this fish are compoletely yellow

RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Thank you, I love breeding clown but there is nothing more rewarding to me then raising them from juvis to breeding pair.

I enjoy the husbandry and when they breed that is another clownfish that doesnt need to be collected.

RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Here is a gaster in a mertens carpet, they become melanistic when they are in mags or even darker in Mertens. BTW this is a awsome pic.
ilemaurice.jpg

RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Heres what a Butterfly can do to an anemone with clowns in it. All those white spots are from my kleins butterfly nipping at a healthy mag. Magnificas skin one of the toughest and durable compared to BTAS and Carpets.
0130a59e.jpg

RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Nope, but they actually look close from the underside but the top side is whole different story. Here is some good pics for refrence lol.
Pizza Carpet Anemone (tentacles look like tassles they are biforcated or triforcated)lol
67954c82.jpg

Mertens look like the pic above.

RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Underside of a mertens (this is one i recieved like four years ago with tears in the foot and disc, you can see them in the pic but not as bad as it was when i got it)
MertensCarpet2.jpg

RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
still looking for a mertens.

The larger female is starting to pick on the male, good news they both sleep in the same anemone but she shows dominance over him.

I need to get rid of my large anthias, he eats too much.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: