RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I was given a unique opportunity to purchase a pair of rare and hard to get clowns by Diamonds of the Reef. A. Chrysogaster are only found in the Mauritius islands and not really exported.

They have a distinct round tail that is outlined in white as well and with a Mertens or Magnifica anemone they will get very dark and more pronounced white with a almost blue tint. They are part of the Clarki Complex of Clowns and get very large and robust. Top out bigger then a maroon clowns in the wild.

Ive had them since september 10, they showed up in great condition and as always are Diamonds of the Reef. With all my pairs i like to start with Juvis and they are def juvis.

Female is about 2 inches
Male was about 1 inch when i got it, now about 1.5

Thank you Dom and Brian.
DSCF0345.jpg

Tail Shot
DSCF0346.jpg

RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Thank you.

When i first got them, they a little freaked, it took them all of ten minutes to find the magnifica anemone. It took them two weeks to leave the anemone farther then two inches away.

Right now they are eating Spectrum pellets, flake, Rods and live blackworms and live mysis.

As of today they arent affraid to leave the anemone and have become more and more aggressive. The female contends with my 4 inch barletts anthias for food.

RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Thank you, its funny i am a sucker for clarki complex clowns. I love how big they get.

Latz actually look like clarki complex clowns that why i like them. These guys got my interest cause they host Mertens Carpet Anemones.

Euroreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
How many mags do you have now? that little guy looks so cool with that white stripe on his top fin. Do they prefer 1 Mag over the rest or do they alternate Mags?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: